300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots for the academy

I will be having my Psych Interview on Tuesday and if everything goes good, I will be at the CHP academy on March 30. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for boots? Also, good polishes and recommended polishing accessories.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

I'm in the same process as well man. CHP wants only full leather boots so I went and got some thorogoods boots. They are around $179 but really good too polish.

Comment

I have a pair of Rocky Alpha Force duty boots. Rocky and Danner seem to be most popular. No complaints and they take a nice shine. As far as shining stuff, keep it simple. Can of Kiwi polish, a polishing cloth, and a horsehair brush. When the polish gets dinged up after a while get a nice fresh start with some Kiwi Saddle Soap.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/t198469/
        REINSTATE THE TRIG
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        Your logic defies logic
        Originally posted by Rudy8116
        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
        Originally posted by Michigan
        Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
        Originally posted by TheTick
        A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
        Originally posted by TheTick
        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
        Originally posted by 02paul09
        Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
          Thank you for that link.

Comment

Danner Acadia. Not much for running but it's the best boot you will ever own.
            Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
            To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Danner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While kiwi is the most common shoe polis look at getting Lincoln. It's really good and made in Sunnyvale, CA.
                semper destravit

Comment

+ 1 for Danner Acadia boots. Very comfortable,, waterproof, made in USA, and great customer service.

Comment

Danner and Belleville are great boots that are incredibly durable. Bates and Rocky are good as well.
                    Learn to spit-polish, and use either Kiwi Parade Gloss or Lincoln Stainwax
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

You will learn that with anything in this job you get what you pay for. I have worn several different brands of boots and there are several that are good boots and will do the job. That being said....My Danner Acadia has lasted longer and are more comfortable (once they get broke in) than any other boot. Also they are water proof which on a rainy day directing traffic will be invaluable.

I would recommend getting a pair of Converse (if they still make duty boots) or Under Armor Boots for training or light duty/BDU detail events They are like wearing a tennis shoe and more comfortable.

Comment

Thank you for the replies everyone. I just realized that I replied a couple days ago, but my post didn't actually post. (Damn you Tapatalk). After your replies and searching around, it looks like if/when I get the invite, I will be using a pair of Danners and a pair of Thorogoods. Once again, thank you for the responses.

Comment

As far as shoes and items for the actual academy go with inexpensive gear because you will damage most of it. Boots, corframs, etc. Once i hit the streets i bought nike boots for inspection and under armour valsetz for everyday use. ...

Baltimore City Police Academy: http://youtu.be/eojIQux_j_8

Comment

I agree with what everyone else has been saying. I purchased a pair of Danner Acadia's and I love them. They are very good quality and are great for shining. The only downside is that they are heavy.

I recommend two pairs of boots, I purchased a lighter pair of Danner Melee's for daily use, but they are imported and do not use all the same quality pieces as the Acadia's.

Comment

I wore the Bates ultra lites when i was in the academy, has nice spot to polish. When i was about to graduate i got the Adidas boots and still rocking them today. Currently waiting on my Nike boots to come...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5161 users online. 233 members and 4928 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X