Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working out at the gym while attending the Police Academy??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your academy is normal and just involves calistenics and running keep up a real strength or even power routine. I have been lifting regularly for over 15 years now and I have only had one injury that would have kept me from being able to complete a phyical assesment test and I could have probably ground one out if my career was on the line. If you can't make size or strength gains without endangering your health you have problems. You should take a real look at your knowledge and capabilities base and do a rework of it from the ground up.

To the OP you seem to be sensible don't be an idiot and take on something you're not capable of and just as importand don't be a wuss and avoid living trying to avoid injury at an cost. This job is a balaning act and you may as well get used to it up front.

Comment

Ultimately it's your decision and you will do what you want. I don't know what the academy is like in NY, but for the first 10-12 weeks of my academy I barely had time to sleep. How deep into the academy are you? What have you heard about the physical demands that are in place at your academy? All of these will better determine your outside activity.

All of these things stated, I did workout on my own once the academy started to slow down physically (week 15 or so). Initially I would stay away from weight lifting and focus on body weight exercises, prison style workouts (air squats push-ups pull ups sit ups etc) and running.

Good luck with the academy. Most important, DONT QUIT!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11584 users online. 447 members and 11137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X