300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help?

I started looking into the police academy a while back and figuring out how I can do it. I assessed everything on it, the times classes start, how much it would cost, and when I could start it. The only problem I could find is my current job, I'm an electricians apprentice. My problem with the job and the acadamy is that the academy has two different times to take it, either a full time acadamy from 6 A.M. to 6 P.M. a six month program the other is a 6 P.M. to 10 P.M. program that lasts 10 months. My current job is from 7 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. and that doesn't count on where I'm working that day. Mostly I wake up at 5 A.M. and take off at 6:10 to get to where I'm going, it's also usually a construction electric company so im physically drained by 3:30. And I can't find another job that pays good enough to pay my bills to cover me until the acadamy is over. All in all I was asking for job opinions, or generall opinions period. I really want to be an officer and this situation is the only thing holding me back. Any help is appreciated.
    And sorry for the long book just had to explain my situation in detail.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Ryan Hawthorne View Post
    I started looking into the police academy a while back and figuring out how I can do it. I assessed everything on it, the times classes start, how much it would cost, and when I could start it. The only problem I could find is my current job, I'm an electricians apprentice. My problem with the job and the acadamy is that the academy has two different times to take it, either a full time acadamy from 6 A.M. to 6 P.M. a six month program the other is a 6 P.M. to 10 P.M. program that lasts 10 months. My current job is from 7 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. and that doesn't count on where I'm working that day. Mostly I wake up at 5 A.M. and take off at 6:10 to get to where I'm going, it's also usually a construction electric company so im physically drained by 3:30. And I can't find another job that pays good enough to pay my bills to cover me until the acadamy is over. All in all I was asking for job opinions, or generall opinions period. I really want to be an officer and this situation is the only thing holding me back. Any help is appreciated.
    And sorry for the long book just had to explain my situation in detail.
    Thank you.
    How bad do you want it? I've been going to the part time academy since January, I work full time, and commute an hour and a half. We also have guys in your situation as well, gen contractors and such. You just need to thing about how bad you want it. Maybe also try and cut a day or two out of your work schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by gregorydg View Post
      How bad do you want it?
      What he said.
      I am going to be starting the academy in January (hopefully). I currently work 0700-2300 on both Saturday and Sunday, plus an overnight shift during the week to make my 40 hours. I also have two small children (son is 2 1/2 and stepdaughter is 7 going on 40), and my wife works during the week. I have to sacrifice the time I would normally spend with my family as well as dish out a ridiculous amount of money for childcare, tuition, gas, gear, and etc. That being said, its going to be a really rough six month ride, but in my opinion its worth it to start my career.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7326 users online. 255 members and 7071 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X