Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is "The Grinder"? (possibly just SoCal related)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "The Grinder"? (possibly just SoCal related)

What is "The Grinder" as it applies to police academy?

I have seen the term used in discussions of OCSD and GWC, so this may just be a Southern California academy thing.

Thanks!

The Grinder is the drill pad, or at least that is what I believe it refers to. At MCRD San Diego every Sunday we would move all the racks to one side of the squad bay and set up "The Grinder" and do drill inside.

"Set up the grinder"
    "Set up the grinder, aye aye sir."
    "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu

Comment

http://www.grinderrestaurants.com/home

Long Beach & Mission Viejo.

I don't know about now (I'm retired) but 20 years ago the Grinder in Long Beach was a popular Code 7 spot.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

For LASD folks it was where you did all your PT, inspections and daily formations.....When the staff yelled out to " Fall out on the Grinder" you knew hard times were coming soon....
        Retired LASD

Comment

The Grinder can be where you go for punishment. Physically you are pushed to the limits for a bit of behavior modification. Can be one-on-one or involve the entire class.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks folks!

Comment

In basic training that was the "pit"

Comment

I'm not entirely clear, but I understand it to be some kind of gay social media sex club thing..
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindr

Comment

We have grinders in Michigan - they're delicious baked subs.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I've been through two academies. In both, the "Grinder" was a small punishment course during inspection. A lap around the track in a certain time in one and a lap around the track with pull-ups, dips, leg lifts, and push ups in the other.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9917 users online. 453 members and 9464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X