300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserves Academy PAT

So, I have a PAT test for reserve academy coming up soon and was wondering whats my chance of passing?

300 M Sprint - 48 Sec = Pass Out of 56-71 secs (Min-Max)
    1 Minute Push Ups - 63 = Pass 21-35 reps
    1 Minute Sit- up - 23 = Fail 30-38 reps
    1.5 Mile Run - 11:53 = Pass 13:35-14:31

out of 200 points even if I get the minimum 30 reps for situps I would only have a 180/200, but if I fail the situp portion I fail the test but would be allowed to retest the situp portion. If I fail after doing the run, is there leeway for surpassing the other sections or does each department enforce the rules?

I realized ive been doing situps with wrong form and ive been correcting it, but now I feel its a little too late for me to improve before my test.

This is the physical WA uses for reserve and full-time academies. You have to have 160 points minimum to pass and pass each event. Looks like you've got them all in hand except sit-ups. Perhaps one mistake you're making is what a lot of people do, and that's controlling yourself on the eccentric portion of the rep. Don't do that. As soon as your elbows touch your knees, fall back as quickly as possible. Shoulder blades touch, bang it right back up. This isn't an ab workout, just a physical test, so use the momentum you can and knock it out. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan571 View Post
      . You have to have 160 points minimum to pass and pass each event.
      That is the big thing........................you can max out all the others but if you fail the situps---------you fail the entire test

Only you know if you can pass the test
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

How much time do you have?

Check out the 200 Sit Ups regimen. It worked for me.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Good luck.
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Many candidates struggle with the sit ups because they lack the proper form to do the required amount in the allotted time given. Just practice the proper form and give it your best.

Comment

The good news is that I passed my PAT and written test, and now onto my backgrounds. One question is I have is in regards to reference. My last employer supervisor resigned and I didn't have his updated contact information because its been more than a year since I worked for him (I was an intern). I have past co-workers I can use as references to vouch that I indeed worked for the company, but I dont have a supervisor information to put down, will that be a red flag? Should I put the generic phone number of the company? I called the his extension and its not active, and the work email is deactivated.

Comment

Originally posted by T-TON View Post
              The good news is that I passed my PAT and written test, and now onto my backgrounds. One question is I have is in regards to reference. My last employer supervisor resigned and I didn't have his updated contact information because its been more than a year since I worked for him (I was an intern). I have past co-workers I can use as references to vouch that I indeed worked for the company, but I dont have a supervisor information to put down, will that be a red flag? Should I put the generic phone number of the company? I called the his extension and its not active, and the work email is deactivated.
              I always just put down who the supervisor was when I was employed with the company.
              Originally posted by RSGSRT
              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

This sounds a lot like the WA State requirements. Who are you testing for T-Ton? I just did all of the same stuff for the Clark Co. Sheriff's Office Reserve program and we start our "Academy" Jan 13. Im not a thin guy, and struggled with the sit-up portion. I work on them daily to try and max my count. Yes, it's about endurance and being physically fit, but its a step in the right direction. I'm glad you passed the PAT! Congrats brother!!

Comment

Originally posted by LEOhopeful357 View Post
                  This sounds a lot like the WA State requirements. Who are you testing for T-Ton? I just did all of the same stuff for the Clark Co. Sheriff's Office Reserve program and we start our "Academy" Jan 13. Im not a thin guy, and struggled with the sit-up portion. I work on them daily to try and max my count. Yes, it's about endurance and being physically fit, but its a step in the right direction. I'm glad you passed the PAT! Congrats brother!!
                  Just for S's and G's, why did you put Academy in quotations? I'm not saying that this is what you're doing, but I do know many people who have underestimated reserve academies simply because they aren't full-time, and they have ended up sorely mistaken. I don't know anything about the academy you're attending, but reading the way you wrote this post just made me curious.
                  Last edited by Nathan571; 12-27-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6775 users online. 290 members and 6485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X