300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TECO Academy (Orlando, FL)

EDIT: 11/17/2014 - Future readers, as you can see I originally posted this thread seeking information from current or former TECO attendees, but did not have much luck. I've settled on TECO and I'm currently going through the admissions process. Once I have more info, I will update this thread again for future applicants. But so far, my early impressions are that the people running TECO are very genuine and inclined to helping you understand and attend the academy.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. Somehow *fortunately* stumbled on this site, and so far I've read a ton of very valuable information (Unwritten rules for rookies..among others). But I was wondering if there are any sworn officers or even rookies that are or have ever attended the Technical Education Center Osceola (TECO) academy?

The only other option down here in Orlando is Valencia College, which from I've read seems to be the go-to academy for Orange County Sheriffs Office and Orlando Police Department. I've been Googling to find some reviews, but can't really dig anything up, and my main concern being that since I'm self-sponsored is whether TECO is a reputable academy or one that OCSO/OPD consider with equal weight? I was told by an admin person at TECO that every year recruiters do come out there, and every year a few select students are hired conditionally even before graduating, but I'm still looking for some more solid reviews of TECO.

The reason I'm not attending Valencia, is for 2 reasons. One they require insurance, which I can definitely acquire, but the other is they have a waiting list for next year January classes. I'm currently 26, and will be 27 in December and will be 28 by the time I complete the academy, and for that reason alone I want to enroll as quickly as possible, and TECO seems to have better availability. So if anyone can share any personal experiences from TECO or has successfully gained employment after graduating from there it would greatly put my mind at ease.
    Last edited by fauxmatic; 11-17-2014, 09:41 AM.
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live or die on this day
    Live or die on this day

Check out Seminole Community College in Sanford.

Comment

Yeh I actually did, but unfortunately it's just a little too far from where I live to be viable with my work schedule.

Well I completely forgot to check YouTube, but I managed to find some videos of Valencia's academy. And it looks very well run, I hope TECO is similar. Just want good training, given the nature of police work.
      Once more into the fray
      Live or die on this day
      Live or die on this day

Comment

How about Lake Tech in Tavares?
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Well looks like TECO is a lock, have my interview next Tuesday. Hopefully things go smoothly.

If any former TECO graduates see this, please share any experiences you have about the Academy.
          Once more into the fray
          Live or die on this day
          Live or die on this day

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5744 users online. 327 members and 5417 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X