300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car kit for academy

I'll be starting a commuter-type academy in a couple of weeks and based on some of the information I've read here, I thought it might be a good idea to put together a box of stuff I can keep in my car (both for me and for others should the need arise). So far I have:

shoe polish kit
    extra note pads, pens, highlighters, etc.
    a change of PT gear
    baby wipes & deodorant
    a small first aid kit (advil, band aids, eye drops, moleskin, nail clippers, q-tips, neosporin)
    lint roller
    a couple bottles of water
    runners gloves
    sunglasses
    pocket knife
    leatherman tool

Anything I should add or delete? Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

That's a pretty good list. If I can remember more I'll come back, but a couple that we ended up needing were an extra uniform belt and extra running shoes.

Comment

Black Athletic Socks
      White Ahletic Socks
      Brasso (or Neverdull)
      Edge Dressing
      Leather Dye
      Shoelaces
      Hearing protection and shooting glasses for the range

But the Socks are crucial, go to one of the big box stores and buy a couple packages of each. Running in corfram shoes is not fun. Inevitably one of your classmates will forget to bring white socks and your whole class will be running in them. OR one of them will wear white socks with their uniform. NOTHING sticks out more than white socks beneath the cuffs of blue or black uniform pants. I always kept extra socks for this reason. One morning we were waiting for inspection and one of my classmates was wearing white socks. So being the good classmate that I was, and not wanting to get smoked all day, I ran to my car and gave him a pair of black socks. At the end of the day he came to my car holding the pair of black socks "Thanks bro, here are your socks" he said. I replied, "You can just hold on to those." 9 years later whenever I see him he tells me he owes me a pair of socks.
      Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
      To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

A couple of energy bars
        A disposable razor
        Small towel
        Last edited by just joe; 09-26-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

A first Aid kit. Especially band-aids, neosporin, and hydrogen peroxide. You shouldn't have any real "injuries", but you are going to get blisters, splinters, and sores. Make sure the kit includes advil and most importantly of all - IMMODIUM. It SUCKS to have the runs before a run.

Comment

Black Socks- White Socks- An extra Tie an extra belt and an extra pair of shooes, boots and sneakers.
            An extra pair of greys, and PT gear
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

A lighter to burn off hanging threads on your uniform.

Comment

I am surprised no one has mentioned a box of condoms yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker22 View Post
                  Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker22 View Post
                    Just use nail clippers it's way easier, safer, and you can make sure you completely remove the thread.

Nail clippers were the most valuable commodity in bct and I assume it's the same for the academy as well.

Comment

I was going to say nail clippers, but Miller beat me to it.

I guess you're too young to need to carry a bottle of Tums everywhere like I do.
                      Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                      Among Texas' finest
                      Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                      Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                      Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Please do not bring a lighter to "burn off" strings. If not you, then someone will borrow it, and burn a hole in their shirt/pants.

A small sewing kit is good to have. Shirt buttons might jump off before inspection or during the day.

Extra water bottle is good but we had to have our names on ours so tape and a marker would be needed.

Basically try to double up on everything they tell you to bring.

Comment

Extra contacts and contact lens solution (if you wear them). Garbage bag(s). Towels to cover your seats so you don't ruin it with your sweaty/dirty/wet uniforms and/or PT gear on the drive home. ADVIL.
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Duck Tape and Black electricians tape for temporary repairs.
                            Black Sharpie, (permanent marker), for "touch-ups".
                            Ace Bandages for sprains.

Comment

As mentioned above.... extra running shoes is something my class has learned to bring haha.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2970 users online. 147 members and 2823 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X