300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Failed the Polygraph

I failed my first polygraph. Would it be a wast of time to apply anywhere else?

Search the old threads; you are not the first person to fail a poly. If you told the truth, keep applying.

Comment

Keep applying. You may fail more than one... I'd try to see WHY.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I passed one in March of 2006 (didn't take the job), failed one in November 2011, and passed another one in March of 2012 and was hired. You never know.
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

So I am curious, these are the ways I could have failed mine . . similarities?

Something came out during the polygraph (when the monitor, breathing, pulse or otherwise was ON) that you did not disclose during the application or pre-interview

Polygraph can be one of the very first steps in the process in which the department can adequately judge whether you would be a good fit, in seeing how you react to the polygraph or the process you could be judged to fail the polygraph.

Did they ask you to close your eyes during the answering? Your mind does wander . . for example they ask if you have given alcohol to minors and while you haven't you might accidentally visualize that very situation.

Anyway I am sorry! Keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
            Search the old threads; you are not the first person to fail a poly. If you told the truth, keep applying.
            Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Many reasons people fail the poly. Sometimes the mere wording of the questions sets you up for failure. Don't read too much into the questions, and simply answer the questions.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I failed the Polygraph

Unless there is something in your past which would disqualify you, keep applying. As has been correctly noted to you, it's entirely possible to "fail" one Polygraph exam, and "pass" the same exam the next day. Technically, you neither Pass or Fail one of these exams, but that's for another discussion. Keep applying.

Comment

I failed two and I passed one. Almost got into a fist fight with the detective doing the Poly. I failed on " Have you ever smoked weed in the last 3 years" shoot I haven’t smoked weed all but once 20+ years ago. He finally agreed to disagree with my honesty. Second one was how much booze I drink hahahahaha Again some absurd BS. Third one I passed and was hired. I admitted to my failures and now on their job for a while I laugh at it. Keep your head up and remember it wasn't the right opportunity for you. I am so thankful that those opportunities didn't work out. I am somewhere I am very happy, and I talk to a few who are at those departments and they are miserable.
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                    I failed two and I passed one. Almost got into a fist fight with the detective doing the Poly. I failed on " Have you ever smoked weed in the last 3 years" shoot I haven’t smoked weed all but once 20+ years ago. He finally agreed to disagree with my honesty. Second one was how much booze I drink hahahahaha Again some absurd BS. Third one I passed and was hired. I admitted to my failures and now on their job for a while I laugh at it. Keep your head up and remember it wasn't the right opportunity for you. I am so thankful that those opportunities didn't work out. I am somewhere I am very happy, and I talk to a few who are at those departments and they are miserable.
                    were the departments you applied to close in proximity?

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                      Keep applying. You may fail more than one... I'd try to see WHY.
                      Polygraphs are all up to whoever is giving them to you as they judge if you passed or not. I passed my first one, failed the second one with another agency. It was crazy to me as I was honest and the second department asked the same exact questions as the first department and the polygraphs were only a week apart. What I'm trying to say is just be honest and keep applying.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                        Polygraphs are all up to whoever is giving them to you as they judge if you passed or not. I passed my first one, failed the second one with another agency. It was crazy to me as I was honest and the second department asked the same exact questions as the first department and the polygraphs were only a week apart. What I'm trying to say is just be honest and keep applying.
                        All you can do is keep on trying and nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by antoniob View Post
                          were the departments you applied to close in proximity?
                          Spaced out, but yes and no. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day.
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            hahaha that polygraph examiner is a real ******bag

To the OP, this is a good answer ^^^^^^^ it really just depends on the polygraph examiner and his/her attitude. Don't sweat it if you failed one.

Comment

From another thread:

I've taken 3 polygraphs, and passed 2. I failed one of them because I changed my answer(s).

Before the polygraph that I failed, I was interviewed by the examiner.
                              I was asked if I ever provided alcohol to a minor. I replied NO, because I have never purchased alcohol for a minor.
                              Then the polygraph examiner asked "What about any party that you attended in college? Did you chip in for a keg?"
                              I replied that yes, I had.
                              He then asked "Did you stand by the keg and check ID's to make sure that everyone who had a drink from the keg was over 21?"
                              I replied that no, I had not.

He then asked again "So how many times did you provide alcohol to minors?"
                              I said, I don't know, I chipped in for maybe 3 kegs while I was away at college, so maybe 3 times.

He then said "That's what I thought..."

The exam went downhill from there, as you can imagine. I was hammered on EVERYTHING. It was more of an interrogation than anything.
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5866 users online. 323 members and 5543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X