300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming LAPD Academy?

I passed my Oral Psych Evaluation on June 10th with the LAPD. Since then I have yet to receive any updates from the recruitment center. I contacted a recruiter, but was told that I would just have to be patient and wait and that they could not divulge the next academy date.

I assume I'm waiting for them to make an academy list/finish this current hiring process, then make contact etc. And that I'll probably be contacted in the upcoming months. I also know that LA is having a hard time getting enough applicants through the hiring process and into the academy, so my wait might be compounded by the number of individuals who have also made it through the process.

If anyone knows when the next academy might happen, or when I'll be contacted I would really appreciate it. Also, I live well outside of LA, I'll have to move out there possibly at a moments notice. So any suggestions on that, or anything that would help me get ready would also be vastly appreciated.

I graduated from there many moons ago. Even then we had people coming from NYPD, Houston PD, Florida, Alaska, etc, etc.

People think it is a problem getting applicants. Actually it is too many people applying. You have 10,000 applicants for 100 spots in a class. We had people sleeping in their cars the first week or two of the Academy. Another thing it is L.A. so do not tell people you are a police recruit. It is not like Petticoat Junction or Mayberry where people like the police.

Comment

I just went through all the testing process myself. I am excited to hear back and can't wait. I am looking for information on the academy? Basically just what to expect?

Also, hoping since I am from out of town that was I get the call I will have some time to get a place. Do they normally give you time?

Comment

I just went through all the testing process myself. I am excited to hear back and can't wait. I am looking for information on the academy? Basically just what to expect?

Also, hoping since I am from out of town that was I get the call I will have some time to get a place. Do they normally give you time?

Comment

I retired, from LAPD, after 30 years, in 2007. For six years I had a portion of recruit training. When we started this mad dash for recruits from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, I was always amazed at how poorly recruits were introduced to what they were walking into. Among them:
          • Being notified Friday, that you were starting Monday.
          • No advice on housing/lodging.
          • Lack of warning for your initial gear costs...could be up to $1000 by now.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11912 users online. 447 members and 11465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X