300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim test

I don't know if anyone of you guys know about the swim test at town of palm beach ( palm beach county , fl )
    I have to perform the swim/pat test there and I only have about 7 days before the test. I am not really worried about the pat test because I very confident I can pass it easily but the problem is right after that I have to take the swim test ( 100 yards, hold breathe underwater for 30',swim underwater for 45' dive to recover an object )
    I am not too good at swimming.
    I need your tips guys on how to hold breathe underwater for 45'

Not to be a dick, I probably would have started preparing more than 7 days out if I knew I wasn't a strong swimmer.

Comment

Yeah... Maybe you can wear floaties...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I need your tips guys on how to hold breathe underwater for 45'
        Practice for more than 7 days beforehand.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

My oldest daughter thought she was a "good" swimmer being a surfer. She failed and then asked. Start lap swimming about 5 weeks before the test. Most people have never swimmed 100 yards so I could tell the OP did not pass. My daughter passed the second time.

Comment

Town of palm beach or west palm beach PD? I took the One for west palm beach PD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4086 users online. 241 members and 3845 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X