300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The academy and a hip replacement

Hey guys, I'm 26 years old and unfortunelly, I need a hip replacement. Now I know this is a questions only for my doctor to truly answer, but IDE like to pick everyone brains and here from there experiences. I'm having this procedure, in September and as soon as feel strong enough I want to start applying at departments. From your experiences those who have made it threw the academy, do you think it would be possible to do it with a artificial hip ? I'm a very strong and athletic individual, my main consurn isn't the push-ups or sit-ups it's the constant pounding for 22 weeks with the running. So what do you guys think ? I'm from CT by the way

You should get your self healed up first. Then see if you can run at least 8-10 miles a week and also see if you can complete a crossfit type workout without any issues. I strained my hip flexor doing squats last August and I still have issues with it until this day. I'm currently in the academy and whenever we do mountain climbers, or I run at a fast pace I can feel it in my flexor. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by B16bri View Post
      t's the constant pounding for 22 weeks with the running. So what do you guys think ? I'm from CT by the way
      AND the constant sitting in a patrol car..................getting in and out of a patrol car------------for the next 25 yrs

Originally posted by Paveld View Post
      You should get your self healed up first. Then see if you can run at least 8-10 miles a week and also see if you can complete a crossfit type workout without any issues. I strained my hip flexor doing squats last August and I still have issues with it until this day. I'm currently in the academy and whenever we do mountain climbers, or I run at a fast pace I can feel it in my flexor. Good luck
      As far as the OP is concerned-----------------------I would give yourself 3-5 yrs AFTER the procedure before trying the academy.
      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-17-2014, 04:52 PM.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5321 users online. 301 members and 5020 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X