Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerohead
    replied
    Make sure you wear chapstick and cup the balls...

Leave a comment:

• tj05
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What all them said

Leave a comment:

• ShadowWarrior
    replied
    Here anyone going to go through the Oral Boards should read this:
    https://sites.google.com/site/flaleo...ice-oral-board

There are many tips and things that will help.

Respectfully,

Leave a comment:

• RClar93
    replied
    Only thing weird you're going to find in my car is my wife's knitting tools lolol.

Leave a comment:

• Gradient Shift
    replied
    Originally posted by RClar93 View Post
    That picture is making me twitch. Thanks for the clarification.
    I should have taken more pictures, the floor by the driver's side looked like a sandbox. The whole inside was gross.

If a department wants they can spend the two minutes it takes to inspect an applicants car to see if they at least give the appearance of being responsible.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• RClar93
    replied
    Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
    If hired the person will be using department resources, which includes a vehicle. If you can't keep your own vehicle clean they may have a harder time trusting you with one of theirs. They will also want to check for anything of interest which you have left in plain sight.

Here is a car I saw yesterday...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...e9b2aea834.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk.
    That picture is making me twitch. Thanks for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• Gradient Shift
    replied
    Originally posted by RClar93 View Post
    I'm extremely meticulous and my car rarely gets dirty, but I'm really intrigued as to why you would need your car clean.
    If hired the person will be using department resources, which includes a vehicle. If you can't keep your own vehicle clean they may have a harder time trusting you with one of theirs. They will also want to check for anything of interest which you have left in plain sight.

Here is a car I saw yesterday...

Sent via Tapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• RClar93
    replied
    Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
    I'm extremely meticulous and my car rarely gets dirty, but I'm really intrigued as to why you would need your car clean.

Leave a comment:

• Keaner1476
    replied
    My first question was, "do you have the ability to use deadly force?" I had A major, capt. and a LT and then a psychiatrist who kept asking how did that make me feel. LOL.

I was nervous but just be honest and also look them in the eye. I had shaved except for my mustache because it was October. I just made sure to let them know why it wasnt shaved off.

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    The last oral board I had the very first question they asked was "tell us everything you know about the department, including the name of the Sheriff" which was a first for me, and I've been in a bunch of oral boards. Make sure you study the department - know who the Chief/Sheriff is and some of the command staff, divisions, patrol area, etc. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• scotch20
    replied
    I had one that I hadn't seen before, "Can you share something ____ that isn't in the application packet" It threw me a little because you throw all your best in the application packet! Wasn't hard to field the question though, just a surprise.

Also I was ready for the questions like, "What have done to prepare yourself?" Instead I got asked, "Can you tell us something that you did to move up in a current job or position"

Leave a comment:

• CheekyBrah
    replied
    Anything new? How did it go?

Leave a comment:

• coptobe2014
    replied
    it surely does and thank you so much guys for the help

Leave a comment:

• Amigo1342
    replied
    That link pretty much covers anything I can think of lol.

Leave a comment:

• TAPnRACK
    replied
    * Wear a dark suit (black or navy)

* Shave

* Trim finger nails

* Don't wear excessive jewelry

* Be prepared to give a quick (3 min) bio of yourself... rehearse this and touch on any/all accomplishments that pertain to the position.

* Be prepared to tell them why you want the position and why they should hire you over other candidates... rehearse this and have well thought out responses.

* Make eye contact with people on the oral board.

* When you walk in, shake the hands of each member on board and and be enthusiastic... ask to take a seat before just sitting down.

* Buy some books on Oral Boards to prepare for commonly asked questions.

* Try not to say "Umm" before you convey answers or say something.

* Be confident in your answers even if you are unsure if your right.

* Remember: Sell yourself without being cocky... but be confident (there is a difference).

* At the end of interview, make sure you thank every member for their time and again... shake their hands. If you are given the oppertunity to say something at the end of the interview... DO IT, this is your last oppertunity to impress the board and a chance to give any information about yourself that you may have forgotten or not had a chance to convey.

This is just a quick "off the top of my head list".

Good Luck!
    Last edited by TAPnRACK; 08-13-2014, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4616 users online. 258 members and 4358 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X