Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    Yes, sir! Thank you very much. I showed up for my fingerprinting, etc for the special events position in a shirt and tie, nice, pressed pants and shined shoes (thank you, police academy) and the other person for the job was in a nice shirt and jeans with holes. Both got the job but the impression is the important part. I am there to stand out in the best way possible and that is information I got from this thread. So thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SmallCityCop
    replied
    Suit. Every step.

Leave a comment:

• Amigo1342
    replied
    Congrats and good luck during the rest of your process.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    Down to my final week (after tomorrow) of the academy and today I can say that I am hired as a part time special event officer for a local mid-large sized agency while my background investigation continues for a full time sworn position. I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for all of their insight. Still have a lot to go through... CVSA, PAT, Psych and Oral Board but I have employment with the department which is a crucial step. Thank you again
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge23; 01-29-2015, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    Good luck. The best way to get through the whole thing is to be a conformist and to quietly excel.
    I am 5 classroom weeks away from graduation. I have tried my hardest to do just this. There are guys in there do nothing but run their mouth, act like know-it-alls... my class has been praised for being the highest recruited and the most skilled but criticized for the amount of in-fighting we have. I am trying my best to fly under that radar, haven't failed or re-mediated anything... Just carrying on and avoiding the boatloads of drama. A lot of the tips from the officers on this site have helped a lot (particularly the one bit of information about having 2 ears and 1 mouth, I feel that it has helped greatly). I am currently being recruited by one of the biggest departments in the area and am handing in my application this week. Expect more questions during the hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Yeah... I remember her too....

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied

There may be one or two in this picture.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    Your first investigative assignment. Google "Hairbag."
    Lol I did, just making sure that I wasn't the "hairbag"

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Your first investigative assignment. Google "Hairbag."

Leave a comment:

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    No, I don't think so.
    I didn't think so, but wasn't sure about the terminology/connotation, definitely don't want to wash out early though... or at all haha

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    I aced it with my female instructors

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Just go naked. It worked for GoldBadge.

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
    I'm not sure if that was negatively addressed towards me
    No, I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesInCharge23
    replied
    Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
    First day of Orientation and there's already guys in "hairbag" mode? Good grief....
    I'm not sure if that was negatively addressed towards me but I am just trying to take this whole thing in stride. I'm excited and I want to do my best, of course and I do have passion for this, but I'm not singling out anyone or trying compare to them or anything like that.

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys and love reading the other stories on the site as well! Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
    Well orientation has came and passed, I wasn't the only guy in a suit but I was indeed one of the few. Got my course list and all the other "first day" things sorted out. First day is Aug 25, currently ordering uniforms and books and then starting up. Very excited about this but thanks for the suit advice, fellas... Definitely stood out in a good way
    Good luck. The best way to get through the whole thing is to be a conformist and to quietly excel.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11417 users online. 416 members and 11001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X