• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    Your first investigative assignment. Google "Hairbag."
    Lol I did, just making sure that I wasn't the "hairbag"

Comment

There may be one or two in this picture.
      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Yeah... I remember her too....

September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Good luck. The best way to get through the whole thing is to be a conformist and to quietly excel.
          I am 5 classroom weeks away from graduation. I have tried my hardest to do just this. There are guys in there do nothing but run their mouth, act like know-it-alls... my class has been praised for being the highest recruited and the most skilled but criticized for the amount of in-fighting we have. I am trying my best to fly under that radar, haven't failed or re-mediated anything... Just carrying on and avoiding the boatloads of drama. A lot of the tips from the officers on this site have helped a lot (particularly the one bit of information about having 2 ears and 1 mouth, I feel that it has helped greatly). I am currently being recruited by one of the biggest departments in the area and am handing in my application this week. Expect more questions during the hiring process.

Comment

Down to my final week (after tomorrow) of the academy and today I can say that I am hired as a part time special event officer for a local mid-large sized agency while my background investigation continues for a full time sworn position. I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for all of their insight. Still have a lot to go through... CVSA, PAT, Psych and Oral Board but I have employment with the department which is a crucial step. Thank you again
            Last edited by CharlesInCharge23; 01-29-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats and good luck during the rest of your process.

Comment

Suit. Every step.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Yes, sir! Thank you very much. I showed up for my fingerprinting, etc for the special events position in a shirt and tie, nice, pressed pants and shined shoes (thank you, police academy) and the other person for the job was in a nice shirt and jeans with holes. Both got the job but the impression is the important part. I am there to stand out in the best way possible and that is information I got from this thread. So thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4509 users online. 219 members and 4290 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X