300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
    I was wondering about the shaving thing myself but it looks like clean shave and short hair is the way to go for it.
    Might want to get a Brazilian just in case they are doing inspections. Expect THOROUGH inspections during the academy.

Comment

I was wondering about the shaving thing myself but it looks like clean shave and short hair is the way to go for it.
      One guy showed up to our corrections academy orientation with a goatee. That was the day they had us bring our class A shirt for ID pictures. He got a lot of... individual attention on day one of the academy.

Comment

During my orientation they took pictures of us and took hair for drug testing. I had just gotten a short cut and manscaped a week prior so body hair was sparse.
        “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
          and manscaped a week prior so body hair was sparse.
          We could have gone all week without that knowledge............................
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            We could have gone all week without that knowledge............................
            “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Well orientation has came and passed, I wasn't the only guy in a suit but I was indeed one of the few. Got my course list and all the other "first day" things sorted out. First day is Aug 25, currently ordering uniforms and books and then starting up. Very excited about this but thanks for the suit advice, fellas... Definitely stood out in a good way

Comment

Well orientation has came and passed, I wasn't the only guy in a suit but I was indeed one of the few.
                First day of Orientation and there's already guys in "hairbag" mode? Good grief....
                "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
                  First day of Orientation and there's already guys in "hairbag" mode? Good grief....
                  That means there will be some quick washouts.
                  They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Well orientation has came and passed, I wasn't the only guy in a suit but I was indeed one of the few. Got my course list and all the other "first day" things sorted out. First day is Aug 25, currently ordering uniforms and books and then starting up. Very excited about this but thanks for the suit advice, fellas... Definitely stood out in a good way
                    Good luck. The best way to get through the whole thing is to be a conformist and to quietly excel.

Comment

Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
                      I'm not sure if that was negatively addressed towards me but I am just trying to take this whole thing in stride. I'm excited and I want to do my best, of course and I do have passion for this, but I'm not singling out anyone or trying compare to them or anything like that.

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys and love reading the other stories on the site as well! Appreciate it!

Comment

I'm not sure if that was negatively addressed towards me
                        No, I don't think so.

Comment

Just go naked. It worked for GoldBadge.
                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

I aced it with my female instructors

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                              No, I don't think so.
                              I didn't think so, but wasn't sure about the terminology/connotation, definitely don't want to wash out early though... or at all haha

Comment

Your first investigative assignment. Google "Hairbag."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4816 users online. 276 members and 4540 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X