300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overzealous Citizen Police Acadamy?

Have you ever noticed that many people who attend the community citizen police acadamy get a little too carried away? There are way too many in my neighborhood who practically think they are employed by the police department. It's like they can't be told anything anymore.

Originally posted by NeeCee View Post
    Have you ever noticed that many people who attend the community citizen police acadamy get a little too carried away? There are way too many in my neighborhood who practically think they are employed by the police department. It's like they can't be told anything anymore.

Happens with folks who never even attended a citizens academy.

While attendees are screened and hopefully enlightened as to the purpose and scope of the program- it is sometimes lost on folks.

Did you have a question here?
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I think you have to be like, 80, to be part of citizen's patrol in my hometown(my department does not have one).

The high age requirement dissuades overzealotry, as most of the members would be at risk of a severe coronary event.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
        Happens with folks who never even attended a citizens academy.

Did you have a question here?
        No particular question, just making an observation. Sometimes the "knowitall's" can be annoying. I just figured anyone else of the same opinion is free to share.

Comment

Heck- you want annoying, try someone who “earned” their paralegal career diploma online and who will lecture me on nuances of the law because “they are nearly a lawyer”. Or how about the avid COPS watcher that insists you are jacked up because the police on that show do something different.

Most Citizen Police Academies are well run and the process of “screening” tends to ensure folks are going for the right reason. In most cases they are more marketing tools for agencies than actual training programs. As I once heard them described “show them what the police do and they will be more amendable to pay for it”.

They are good PR tools and help bridge the public – police divide.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7489 users online. 267 members and 7222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X