Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 law enforcement references.. What should i do?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 law enforcement references.. What should i do?

I'm currently filling out the personal information packet and stuck at the reference section where I need to put my personal and law enforcement references. As for my personal references, its ok. But I do not have any relationship with police officers or any sorts.... Is there any tips on getting through this?

Think of your last arrest:

1) Arresting officer
    2) Booking officer
    3) Officer who took your fingerprints
    4) Desk sergeant
    5) Lieutenant on duty
    6) Watch commander

There's your six. Go and ask nicely and I'm sure they'll do it for you.

All kidding aside, shouldn't be too difficult to figure this one out. If you've run into a brick wall, go ask someone who can steer you in the right direction. Any answers you receive from us are at best "educated guesses".

Good luck!
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ycho29 View Post
      I'm currently filling out the personal information packet and stuck at the reference section where I need to put my personal and law enforcement references. As for my personal references, its ok. But I do not have any relationship with police officers or any sorts.... Is there any tips on getting through this?
      List 6 personal references. You don't need law enforcement references at all.

Comment

Ill be a reference for ya.

Comment

1. Andy Taylor
          2. Barney Fife
          3. Rosco P. Coltrain
          4. Enos Strate
          5. Starsky
          6. Hutch

There you go...

Comment

Originally posted by ycho29 View Post

Any tips on getting through this??. List all the people who could act as references for you at Warner Brothers. See where I'm going with this?

If you don't have any LE references, you so state. Or, you could,,,,,,,,,,,,,no, don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
              1. Andy Taylor
              2. Barney Fife
              3. Rosco P. Coltrain
              4. Enos Strate
              5. Starsky
              6. Hutch

There you go...
              Hey man, don't forget "Vic Mackey"!
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

What about Capt Barney Miller, Fish and Wojo ?

Comment

Crockett, Tubbs, Raylan Givens, Mahoney, Tackleberry, and Sweetchuck.

Comment

You could always just speed up and down the streets until you get pulled over and then ask the officer to use them as a reference.

Comment

1. Andy Taylor
                      2. Barney Fife
                      3. Rosco P. Coltrain
                      4. Enos Strate
                      5. Starsky
                      6. Hutch

There you go...
                      Don't forget Reed and Malloy?

In all seriousness OP, make sure you read over the instructions carefully. It should be six references period but, then again, places vary in what they want.
                      Last edited by SuperSecretNinjaSquirrel; 02-05-2014, 03:24 AM.
                      Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
                      "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

1. Andy Taylor
                        2. Barney Fife
                        3. Rosco P. Coltrain
                        4. Enos Strate
                        5. Starsky
                        6. Hutch

There you go...
                        meow,dont leave out thorny and farva..
                        sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Not having a member of LE as a reference is usually not an issue. I would be surprised to know that they want you to list actual LEOs when the vast majority of folks making application don’t really know any cops.

My suggestion would be to seek clarification from the agency in question.
                          Originally posted by SSD
                          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Just watch a few episodes of COPS and put the officers names that you see as references.

You're welcome.
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Ycho29

Having references for law enforcement is only optional. Should not be required. Just list your personal references, friends or business etc.
                              My badge bears no fault or guilt to take another persons life, if I am close to losing my own

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8542 users online. 416 members and 8126 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X