Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little help with Drill and Ceremony...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help with Drill and Ceremony...

In our platoon, we have already established who stands where based on height. So later that day when we form up again, say after PT, when people come in randomly, should they go to their original spot or should they "cover down" on Squad 1, then Squad 2, and so forth…???
    Exam 1302 List: XXXX

IMHO, unless or until you change it, they fall in the same way, each day, for each formation.

Comment

It doesn't sound like your instructors are establishing the guidelines, so I'm assuming "you" or someone else is. If that's the case, then everyone needs to understand their role and their position, which needs to the be same, every time. Squads don't HAVE to be by size, however if you are using size, the tallest is in front, shortest in the rear.

Honestly though...unless everyone is working together and willing/wanting to follow and learn, you're wasting your time. Drill is one of those things that HAS to be taught and lead by someone that knows what they're doing. But, I don't know what your "drill" is like. In my academy, all they cared about was walking in a "formal" group setting (which was always a cluster). Trying to teach people column of files and flanks was just impossible, they couldn't were step off correctly from a stand still...

Comment

Fall in as you have been doing. No need or reason to get creative.

Having an ‘assigned’ place serves several purposes- one of which is ease in knowing when someone is missing. You have less ambling about- you know your place now get in it.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11690 users online. 448 members and 11242 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X