300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological Exam

I'm scheduled to join the Temple University Police Academy in March and I need to get my psychological forms filled out. I have psychologist that says he can do it but it'll cost $400! Really?! Any recommendations on where to get these documents completed? Does it really cost this much? I do have insurance but he told me this evaluation is not covered by insurance... I'd appreciate your comments!!

Originally posted by Bop23 View Post
    I'm scheduled to join the Temple University Police Academy in March and I need to get my psychological forms filled out. I have psychologist that says he can do it but it'll cost $400! Really?! Any recommendations on where to get these documents completed? Does it really cost this much? I do have insurance but he told me this evaluation is not covered by insurance... I'd appreciate your comments!!

Never heard of a private psychological exam for admittance to an academy.

The Iowa Law Enforcement Academy charges POLICE AGENCIES $180 to administer and evaluate an MMPI so it would not be out of line for a private psychologist to charge $400 for his/her services.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That's different... Before I was accepted into the academy, we went through a psych eval, but it was done by the school and I believe it was about $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Bop23 View Post
        I have heard of a few random self sponsor programs that require applicants to select from a pre-approved list of providers and pony up the money for the battery of tests so this is not completely unheard of. As for suggestions as to where you can go- that is completely up to you. Just be sure the provider is licensed in the required disciplineas there is a difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist----make darn sure you use the right one lest you pay for an evaluation that will not be accepted.

When it comes to identifying what your particular insurance will cover- I would strongly suggest you consult with your insurance company. Some may cover ‘non-medical’ office visits while others will only cover psychological or other medical services when such it tied to a condition or diagnosis of one. This “may” fall under the pre-employment/school provision of your policy- if there is one, or it may not. Only your insurance provider can speak to this.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

mine was 250 so ya, depending on your location and dr it can be that much
          sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9818 users online. 446 members and 9372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X