Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website to order almost ALL of my new gear?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website to order almost ALL of my new gear?

I will be sworn into my police department on January 3rd and will be in the academy January 13th. I have to completely buy all of my gear except for my vest. Are there any websites that anyone would recommend to buy gear off of (uniform, belt, holster, flashlight, boots, coats, etc.)?

Thank you!

Also, Glock 9, 40, or 45 and why???

I apologize, could this be moved to the duty gear topic area? Thank you.

I've had good experiences with lapolicegear over the years even before becoming LE.

As for the Glock... Your department doesn't specify? I'd LOVE to carry a 19 but have to carry a 22.
    ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

http://www.galls.com/
      Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
      Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
      It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

It's unlikely you will get EVERYTHING from one source. Here are a few I have use and been happy with, LAPOLICEGEAR.COM (as mentioned) Officerstore.com Copsplus.com Copquest.com and never forget about Amazon and EBay.

As for uniforms, if you can, I highly suggest going to a store and trying them one.

As for duty weapon caliber, are you trying to start a war here?!? That question is unanswerable.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
        ― Edmund Burke

Comment

These guys are pretty good. 10% off coupon : CHSCA10
          Free shipping if you hit $100 otherwise flat $5, cant really beat that. I ordered a huge equipment bag and got a bunch of free goodies. Stylus, hoodie, and a shirt.

If its your first time create and account and wait about 45 mins for an email that gives a 20% off coupon.

For total of 30% off + free shipping.

http://www.chiefsupply.com/
          Last edited by mick_tronson; 12-22-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

GT Distributors. I bought almost everything from their retail store in Dallas, but they also do website purchases.

https://www.gtdist.com

Comment

LA Police gear is the place. Hold off a couple days and they will be having a sale for Christmas. Usually 10 to 15 % which can add up quick if you are buying a lot of stuff. LA Police gear is also a great supporter of charities that benefit police.

Comment

Perfect, thank you for all of the responses! I have my meeting with the department on the 31st to go over details on what to get, then I will place my order! I will definitely shop around on all of those websites and try to get my uniform locally. I feel like a kid in a candy shop, though I have to pay for this ALL from my own pocket.

Do departments give out different length bullet proof vests? I am a pretty tall guy, 6'1" and would rather not have my stomach exposed!

Comment

I ordered all my crap through Amazon.com (Amazon Prime account) and OpticsPlanet.com. Galls is usually pretty pricey. Botach Tactical can be pretty decent also.

If you have to pay for your own ammo, I'd get a 9. Seems to be the cheapest ammo.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by braz989 View Post
                    Perfect, thank you for all of the responses! I have my meeting with the department on the 31st to go over details on what to get, then I will place my order! I will definitely shop around on all of those websites and try to get my uniform locally. I feel like a kid in a candy shop, though I have to pay for this ALL from my own pocket.

Do departments give out different length bullet proof vests? I am a pretty tall guy, 6'1" and would rather not have my stomach exposed!
                    That'll be something to ask them. Where I am, I wear one that fits so-so. Once they know I'm staying (I think at the end of FTO) I will get one that's fitted to my measurements. Then again I've heard it works differently for females so YMMV.
                    ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

I am going to suggest that ordering all of your gear by mail, especially uniforms, is extremely risky.

You have no guarantee the items will arrive by the academy deadline. If they are short or send the wrong item you will not have sufficient time to correct things by your start date. Similarly, uniforms have to be fitted and some vendor’s stock may be just a shade off in color or cut versus what your department will accept.

When you meet with your department they will probably have a list of uniform stores whose uniforms and products are acceptable to them. Even if you have to drive half way across the state to an accepted uniform store, it is better to get the right this the first time and have everything ready on your start date that play mail order roulette.

A good uniform store has a copy of your department uniform and equipment specs on hand so they can ensure their products are in compliance. It’s better to spend the extra time and money to deal with them (at least when you first start) than take a chance on mail order and risk not having what is required when you first walk in the door on your first day.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Get your uniforms someplace local. Try them on, etc. Galls, GT, or LA Police Gear are good choices. I have done a lot of business with LAPG and never had any issues.
                        Last edited by txleo-3; 12-25-2013, 08:26 PM.
                        "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                        1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

And please, for the love of all things good and holy, get your uniforms locally and TAILOR THEM. So tired of seeing cops with baggy, nasty looking uniforms....

Comment

You got it, I will definitely be going local for my uniform. Thank you for the advice!

Random question, my grandfather was a Police Officer for 31 years and today told me that he is going to give me his first generation Glock 9mm duty weapon. I probably couldn't use this, could I? I guess I will have to see what the department standards are when we meet on the 31st. I really want my own brand new gun anyway, though it would be an honor to carry my grandfather's gun.

Comment

Originally posted by braz989 View Post
                              Random question, my grandfather was a Police Officer for 31 years and today told me that he is going to give me his first generation Glock 9mm duty weapon. I probably couldn't use this, could I? I guess I will have to see what the department standards are when we meet on the 31st. I really want my own brand new gun anyway, though it would be an honor to carry my grandfather's gun.

I have my grandfather's old badge, and always wanted to wear it if I was hired by the same department. Unfortunately, I moved out of state and the dept is now part of a regional force so it will never happen. But I always thought it would be a great way to honor him now that's he gone.

As far as the pistol, check with the department. They may allow it since it's still a modern era weapon and not something outdated like a 1960's S&W revolver, lol. You may need to do transfer paperwork to put it in your name to avoid liability, depending on the state you are in. If it's a department where you furnish your own weapon, I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, as long as it passes the armorer's inspection.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4280 users online. 188 members and 4092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X