300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    a year later, the stigma of being a quitter hangs over my head. I hate myself for it. Part of me wishes I would have kept pushing myself and call their bluff and force them to fire me.
    My first academy I quit after 2 months.... it was a culture shock... I kicked myself in the butt every day afterwards..... My second go-around, 3 years later, I had matured and stuck with it... There will be days you want to quit, but if you are physically and mentally able, STICK WITH IT!! Being a "quitter" hindered me a bit, but my current agency gave me a second chance.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Most people who quit academies quit long before they ever stepped foot on the parade deck. The only thing I have to do as a DI is make them recognize that fact. I've never made anyone quit but I've helped many realize they didn't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
        Someday you will be face to face with a man that wants to kill you, and he is going to try. He doesn't know you, he doesn't want to know you, he doesn't care about you. He has immense hatred for the uniform you wear and the site of it sends him in to a blind rage. You find out that you will eventually get the skills to recognize this person - but when you do - you still have to stand up to him. In order to get those labels you secretly wanted to wear on your heart - you will have to win against evil. Not video game evil. Not spiritual evil fought with prayer alone. But real, live, evil.
        This part reminded me of the beginning speech in "End of Watch".

Comment

Better in the academy, then on the street where you are relying on them to back you up when the brown stuff hits the fan.
          "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

"When you get to the point were all you want to do is be successful as bad as you need to breath, that is when you will be successful"

Comment

Originally posted by pittguy1984 View Post
            This part reminded me of the beginning speech in "End of Watch".
            People keep talking about that movie all of a sudden. I'm going to have to break down and watch it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CQB_0316 View Post
              In my academy the very mentally weak dropped in the first two days.
              My class had one guy drop out after the first day. Actually, it was the first half-day. We reported at noon, met our tac officer, were told where not to park, where the latrine was, and did paperwork. The next morning, at 0800, our tac officer told us Officer X had resigned, saying he couldn't handle the stress. And that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                My class had one guy drop out after the first day. Actually, it was the first half-day. We reported at noon, met our tac officer, were told where not to park, where the latrine was, and did paperwork. The next morning, at 0800, our tac officer told us Officer X had resigned, saying he couldn't handle the stress. And that was it.
                We had one girl "quit" after going ballistic on one of the instructors and start yelling back during PT on the 2nd day. We had about 4 quit that first week alone. Apparently, they didn't think getting yelled at was part of the deal. They also didn't like getting smoked for a classmates mistake, and some were very vocal about it. I heard my name more times than I ever want to again. Didn't phase me one bit. The stress didn't get to me either. It was all physical. If I could have done it all over again, I would have delayed the academy for 6 months or a year (didn't know I could do that until I got there) and gotten my sh*t together physically. One of those HUGE lessons you can only learn by going through it.

I think my class lost 14 (including me) out of 38 people. I was glad to see the guy that muzzled my group on the range with a loaded weapon while reloading mags and said "What? It's not that big of a deal" and f**ked up repeatedly while driving got "resigned" not long after I did.

Originally posted by Shush
                People keep talking about that movie all of a sudden. I'm going to have to break down and watch it I guess.
                GREAT movie!!
                Last edited by Aerohead; 11-16-2013, 12:24 AM.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                  I think we had a guy or two leave for lunch the first day and never come back. HAHA good times.
                  USMC 2006-2011

3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team 2006-2009
                  2/7 Fox Raiders 2009-2010
                  Provost Marshall's Office 2010-2011

CA POST Academy 2011-2012

Comment

We had a guy quit the first day of ORIENTATION (yep not even at the academy yet)

We were on a tour of the prison and entered the kitchen where lunch was being prepped.

Several convicts cutting the meat using boning knives..............this big weightlifter type rookie walked out of the kitchen, through the sally port and out to his car............NEVER to be seen again
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Over a year later, the stigma of being a quitter hangs over my head. I hate myself for it. Part of me wishes I would have kept pushing myself and call their bluff and force them to fire me.
                      Doubt it was a bluff.

Since it's been a year, when are you going back?
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                        Doubt it was a bluff.

Since it's been a year, when are you going back?
                        Without writing a book - still working on it. A few doctor's opinions regarding my injury have been "never," but I'm not giving up that easy.
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                          You really have to. I saw it near the end of its theatre run, then bought it on the day it came out to DVD and have seen it about another 5 times. Loved the movie though. I'm a big fan of David Ayer's stuff.

Comment

Without writing a book - still working on it. A few doctor's opinions regarding my injury have been "never," but I'm not giving up that easy.
                            Regardless if you are able to go back or not, I admire your determination to not give up. The drive you are showing is going to serve you well in whatever your future holds.
                            In God We Trust
                            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

My academy started with 51. We graduated 33. 2 failed due to grades, 2 got actually hurt. 2 got "Hurt". 1 of the person with grades was allowed to retread into a class the Monday after he failed the last test because all the Instructors "Firearms, PT, Law, Driving" said he had a positive attitude and he showed up for every study session or extra help the Law instructor provided. Other person decided he wanted to drink and handout on his weekends.

The rest dropped mostly in the first few weeks "Because some people have absolutely no idea what they have gotten themselves into" 2-3 people came from Puerto Rico, I mean right from Puerto Rico and had trouble with the English on the tests. They would get caught up with the wordy questions. I assume people know about what I'm talking about with tests beating around the bush and being obscure.

Comment

One instructor in my academy was upset that when they all started yelling and spitting in my face, I would never flinch. So the Captain said, "I just don't get you, we yell, scream and shout at you and it doesn't seem to have an effect on you". Most people flinch, jump, shake and trembled in my class. But to me, I couldn't fake being scared. The military guys, they never flinched, they just kept form.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12936 users online. 491 members and 12445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X