300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to celebrate a little!!

I am finally past the hardest parts of the Academy!! It is 18 weeks total and I was a little anxious about the middle portion of it (defensive tactics, firearms even though I have experience there, and evoc). Once I relaxed I was finally able to pass the cone course, but I'll admit it was hard to learn to "trust the techniques" so to speak.

Five weeks to go We graduate 12/16!
    ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Congrats. EVOC was quite possibly my favorite week of the academy. Are you allowed to PIT where you are? In San Diego it's a no go.
    USMC 2006-2011

3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team 2006-2009
    2/7 Fox Raiders 2009-2010
    Provost Marshall's Office 2010-2011

CA POST Academy 2011-2012

Comment

Originally posted by CQB_0316 View Post
      Congrats. EVOC was quite possibly my favorite week of the academy. Are you allowed to PIT where you are? In San Diego it's a no go.
      Iirc only if you've had the training (which we obviously don't get in basic mandate)
      ~Sunny

Comment

Congrats on your accomplishments and enjoy the rest of the academy!

Comment

Congrats! You're almost done!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Stay the course and don't do any thing dumb to get kicked out.

Comment

Ha! Noted. I will be eating turkey and hanging with my kids til graduation I'm not the type to go wild.

With one exam left, even if I just get the minimum passing score (which I won't) I'll have top academic. I'm not sure how they calculate top gun, it is between me and the #2 academic guy. (He and I are also having a friendly Biggest Loser type competition since we are the slowest runners of the group).

Pretty much we have a ton of Investigations... SFST... And radar. Then graduation!!!

I was handed a job offer/contract 2 days ago and since it was at a department on my top choice list I jumped on it
                ~Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                  Ha! Noted. I will be eating turkey and hanging with my kids til graduation I'm not the type to go wild.

With one exam left, even if I just get the minimum passing score (which I won't) I'll have top academic. I'm not sure how they calculate top gun, it is between me and the #2 academic guy. (He and I are also having a friendly Biggest Loser type competition since we are the slowest runners of the group).

Pretty much we have a ton of Investigations... SFST... And radar. Then graduation!!!

I was handed a job offer/contract 2 days ago and since it was at a department on my top choice list I jumped on it
                  Congrats
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

congrats!!!
                    sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Today, I graduated.

I stood shoulder to shoulder with 5 other cadets who are now my brothers. I cried a little. (I was the only one who cried, but hey, I was the only girl left standing, so...).

I was honored to receive one of the two scholarships given each class. I also was honored to receive the Academic Achievement award and the Top Gun Award. I couldn't have done it without my family, my classmates, and my amazing instructors. I am also proud to say that I busted my *** for every bit of it and I earned it.

I start work tomorrow night at 1945. I'm excited, I'm terrified. I miss my classmates. I miss my instructors. I'm not sure a day will go by that I won't remember these last 18 weeks with fondness (except OC and TASER, no fondness there). But, now comes the next chapter.

Wish me luck!
                      ~Sunny

Comment

Congrats-----
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                          Today, I graduated.

I stood shoulder to shoulder with 5 other cadets who are now my brothers. I cried a little. (I was the only one who cried, but hey, I was the only girl left standing, so...).

I was honored to receive one of the two scholarships given each class. I also was honored to receive the Academic Achievement award and the Top Gun Award. I couldn't have done it without my family, my classmates, and my amazing instructors. I am also proud to say that I busted my *** for every bit of it and I earned it.

I start work tomorrow night at 1945. I'm excited, I'm terrified. I miss my classmates. I miss my instructors. I'm not sure a day will go by that I won't remember these last 18 weeks with fondness (except OC and TASER, no fondness there). But, now comes the next chapter.

Wish me luck!
                          God bless and congratulations. Watch your six, stay safe, listen to your FTO.
                          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12264 users online. 454 members and 11810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X