Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    I don't know about any of you...but all this OC talk has my eyes starting to water.

Leave a comment:

• jruggs1008
    replied
    The best thing about the taser, is .. when it is done it is DONE. That OC lasts forever and it feels like you stuck your head up satan's butthole

Leave a comment:

• jruggs1008
    replied
    Originally posted by 300busa View Post
    better then oc spray in my opinion

amen

Leave a comment:

• J.P_NYPD
    replied
    I'd rather get tased 5 times than OC sprayed once- yes, I mean it.

Leave a comment:

• sunnymw
    replied
    Took the second ride today. Still would take getting tased 6 days of the week and twice on Sunday over getting OC again.

Leave a comment:

• Whadaya_no_joe
    replied
    Okay, well I did it and I think taser was worse.... As far as pain. OC just felt like a really bad sunburn, and was fine in like 45min.

Leave a comment:

• adeutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Whadaya_no_joe View Post
    Well this is just dandy, I thought taser was horrid, and now I have OC in two days...any tips?
    My strategy was just to not think about it, and it worked as well as anything else. It's gonna happen, and you're gonna get through it.

If you want to really impress your instructors, lick your lips right after they spray you and ask for more.

Leave a comment:

• adeutch
    replied
    Originally posted by JBadge View Post
    I am not even in the academy yet, but with my explorer program I was OC'd three times (concentrated OC, not watered down), and tased once. I will take being tased over OC any day. The best thing to do after you get OC'd is hold your eyelids open and stare into a fan, or hope its a breezy day.
    How old are you, and how long have you been an explorer? Spraying explorers 3 times seems kind of strange and sadistic. The explorer program at my dept is for high school students, I think.

Leave a comment:

• JBadge
    replied
    I am not even in the academy yet, but with my explorer program I was OC'd three times (concentrated OC, not watered down), and tased once. I will take being tased over OC any day. The best thing to do after you get OC'd is hold your eyelids open and stare into a fan, or hope its a breezy day.

Leave a comment:

• Tony2loco
    replied
    I have the pleasure of getting OC sprayed tomorrow afternoon at out academy, then next week comes the taser back at my department before we start FTO. Oh and we asked our session instructor if we had to shave, and he told us not to be little girls and show up baby faced or else. Wish me luck.

Leave a comment:

• wutzcrack3n
    replied
    Well this is just dandy, I thought taser was horrid, and now I have OC in two days...any tips?
    relax,'its not the end of the world, ya it sucks but you get past it.
    dont shave if your a man(if possible) and if you are able to, start using cold water on it.

dont shower after, first put your head over the tub and rinse very well and let the second burn go away before you shower

Leave a comment:

• Ransom
    replied
    It affects people differently. You may be one of the lucky ones, but I doubt it. It'll suck for hours. The quickest way I've found to decon is to wash your face with cold water and Dawn or any other liquid dish detergent. Wash it good enough and you may not have any after effects when you take a warm shower later that night. Don't put any lotions on, it'll seal in the contaminants and may end up giving you a chem burn.

Leave a comment:

• Whadaya_no_joe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IndianScout
    replied
    I was an electrician on the offshore oil rigs for 30+ years, I've been hit with 480v and lesser voltages more time than I can count, my brother is a federal officer and called me enough names until I stood up and said go for it, it didn't put me to the ground at all. I winced a bit but stood there.

Leave a comment:

• sunnymw
    replied
    Originally posted by wutzcrack3n View Post
    oh .... *blushes*
    It's all good. We were also told (as females) to not do any plucking of our eyebrows, either, for a good week or so beforehand.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    The explanation was it was a city council meeting

Here is the link
    Yes, it was right after the controversial death of someone from a taser that was close to us, IIRC, and the mayor wasn't confident in the fact that all of our officers were wearing them, so the department decided they would do a demonstration of how it works exactly, why it is safe, etc. I still get approached years later "Hey, you're that girl that got TASED!"

I've had two unmedicated homebirths, and even those don't touch the intensity of the 4.5 seconds of current running through me. There's no words that can adequately explain HOW it feels. It just... does.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9975 users online. 511 members and 9464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X