Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differed Action recipients eligible for LAPD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differed Action recipients eligible for LAPD?

I am a Differed Action recipient and want to serve my country as much as every one here and want to know if we are even allowed to apply for LAPD, LASD, etc? If not, why not?

LAPD to SWAT or homicide is my dream, need some help.

Thanks,

Flores

Check this site... This is the prescreening packet.
    http://per.lacity.org/psb/lapd_pbq_intro.htm

This is pulled from JoinLAPD.com

Citizenship
    The City of Los Angeles requires that a Police Officer candidate be a United States citizen, or that a non-citizen be a permanent resident alien who, in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), is eligible and has applied for citizenship.

During the selection process, each non-citizen is required to prove that USCIS accepted his/her application for citizenship prior to the date the Police Officer written test was taken.

California State law requires that citizenship be granted within three years after the employment application date. For information regarding citizenship requirements, contact the USCIS.

Might try to post this question in the CA section..

Comment

Section 1031(a) of the California Government Code requires peace officer applicants to be citizens of the United States or permanent resident aliens who are eligible for and have applied for citizenship.

There is one exception to this. Section 2267 of the California Vehicle Code requires CHP officers to be U.S. citizens at the time of appointment.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by DFlores View Post
        I am a Differed Action recipient and want to serve my country as much as every one here and want to know if we are even allowed to apply for LAPD, LASD, etc? If not, why not?

LAPD to SWAT or homicide is my dream, need some help.

Thanks,

Flores
        You are an undocumented illegal. Hence the word Differed Action. Not sure where the "recipient" comes into play. You cannot obtain Lawful status here in the US.

You were obviously arrested for something and let go right?
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
          You are an undocumented illegal. Hence the word Differed Action. Not sure where the "recipient" comes into play. You cannot obtain Lawful status here in the US.

You were obviously arrested for something and let go right?
          Not necessarily. I think this person is one of Obama's dreamers, meaning that they graduated high school here in the US and was given a work permit, but still does not have legal status.

It is very unlikely you will be able to become a LE officer.
          Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8495 users online. 381 members and 8114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X