300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
    My old Nike's are over 5 years old and I'd like to get a fresh new pair of running shoes for the academy. Can anyone recommend me a good pair that will last all 6 months? I really like the NB M3090 but some of the reviews say it has durability issues. Thanks!
    Asics Kayano's lasted all 32 weeks of my academy. We ran an average of 4 miles a day, 5 days a week. For reference I completed the academy at ~300#. They can take a beating
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

I'm not starting the academy until July, but I have been actively running for a very long time.

Due to past knee injuries I've become extremely picky with my running shoes. I've been wearing different models of Brooks for the past 2 years and have never felt better. Most of their shoes do have a different feel so I would recommend either going to a running store or trying on multiple versions. What works for one person may not work for you.

For distances, I need more stability. I bounce back and forth between the Adrenaline 12's & Ravenna's. I am interested in trying the 'Trance' only because I've heard so many good reviews from friends.

For the gym, I like my shoes to be soft with less stability. I usually wear the PureFlow 2 and love them.

Comment

I went with Brooks Beast. I went to a running store and brought my sneakers that I had been running in, they looked at how the soles were wearing and figured out if my feet pronate or supinate. They recommended the Beast based on that, then I got the try them on and run on a treadmill.

Best advice I had gotten form one of the instructors was to go this route and not fall into the trap of getting one of those super light, zig zag sole style sneakers. With the amount of running you do, if you want your knees, legs and back to forgive you, get something with good cushioning.
        Fidelis ad mortem

Comment

Go to a real running store, not foot locker, Dick's, Sports Academy. If you ask for a running shoe and they just grab one off the wall without looking at your feet or asking you a few questions you're at the wrong place. Do a web search for running stores in your area and visit one of those. They'll do all the good stuff everyone already mentioned.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/military2police

Helping you transition from the military to law enforcement

Comment

Listening to what most of you have said about "good" running shoes, I purchased and used Brooks Ghost and Asics Nimbus and man feels like running on cloud nine!! The LASD academy will start next Thursday and can't hardly wait to use them for PT classes! Thank everyone for all the wonderful suggestions!

Comment

Gel Exalt or Gel Nimbus by Asics

Comment

No matter what kind you get, make sure they are bright yellow. Our instructors swore that yellow shoes made you run faster.

Which was fun to watch for the rest of us with boring old grey shoes. :-)

Comment

Zombie thread!!

I think it varies greatly from person to person. And it depends on what you're used to. I walk barefoot 99% of the time (well, I did until I started the academy... now I wear boots... every day) so it was more logical for me to go into a barefoot type shoe (ie, like the Vibrams, but I can't do the toe cutouts due to a toe injury, so I use Merrell Barefoot shoes).

Same advice as above. You get what you pay for, and go to a place that knows how to fit you properly.
                  ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                    Zombie thread!!

I think it varies greatly from person to person. And it depends on what you're used to. I walk barefoot 99% of the time (well, I did until I started the academy... now I wear boots... every day) so it was more logical for me to go into a barefoot type shoe (ie, like the Vibrams, but I can't do the toe cutouts due to a toe injury, so I use Merrell Barefoot shoes).

Same advice as above. You get what you pay for, and go to a place that knows how to fit you properly.

But make sure they are bright yellow. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                      But make sure they are bright yellow. lol
                      Crap. Mine are bright purple and pink.... :/
                      ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

Hi Ransom,

I also purchase a pair of Brooks Women's Levitate Running Shoes.These shoes are additionally ultra-flexible for smooth rear area to-toe associations and highlight Intuitive Fit uppers that normally contract and grow with your feet.

Comment

I used the HOKA. Best shoe ever

Comment

The 50 dollar pair of Asics I recently bought have been better than the 100 dollar nikes I burn through like nothing. 100x more comfortable and even saw a drastic improvement in my lap pace/mile time.

Comment

Red Ball Jets.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• SunDevil
                                SunDevil commented
                                Editing a comment
                                i had to google it

Originally posted by Jennet1234 View Post
                              Hi Ransom,

I also purchase a pair of Brooks Women's Levitate Running Shoes.These shoes are additionally ultra-flexible for smooth rear area to-toe associations and highlight Intuitive Fit uppers that normally contract and grow with your feet.
                              This ****ing guy has even been active for 3 years!!!

Digging up a 4 year old thread to give a guy advice who hasn't even been active since March 2014.

****ing geniuses around here...
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11601 users online. 469 members and 11132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X