300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing List for DEA BAT?

Does anyone know why the Recruiters wait until the official notification (sometimes only 2 weeks ahead of time) to let applicants know the packing list? From what I hear there are some items that people may not have on hand (i.e. suits, boots, boxing gloves) and if you live on a budget, they may be hard to get in just 2 weeks.

If you are aware of any of those type of items, would you care to share for those of us close who could start budgeting for them?

Thanks!
    In the absence of orders, ATTACK!

False motivation is better than no motivation. Eventually the real motivation takes over.

I can't believe I get paid to do this!

About to report to the academy and complaining already? Not an auspicious way to start your career. Why not call your agency/academy and determine what's required. I'd suggest you simply ask the question, and leave the comments out. Good luck at the academy.

Comment

Phillip, thanks for your overtly degrading comments, much appreciated. Not everyone posting questions on these boards are 21yrs old with minimal life experience and the know how to find answers. Nothing in my statement was a complaint, just a fact about the way business is and my attempt to circumvent it, thanks for playing.

If anyone has the information from my original questions, please pm as my interest is to budget for items I do not have, not to receive demeaning comments from a guy who's a 30+ year veteran of a police department and forgets what its like to have to ask a question.

False motivation is better than no motivation. Eventually the real motivation takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG2FLEOs View Post
        Phillip, thanks for your overtly degrading comments, much appreciated. Not everyone posting questions on these boards are 21yrs old with minimal life experience and the know how to find answers. Nothing in my statement was a complaint, just a fact about the way business is and my attempt to circumvent it, thanks for playing.

If anyone has the information from my original questions, please pm as my interest is to budget for items I do not have, not to receive demeaning comments from a guy who's a 30+ year veteran of a police department and forgets what its like to have to ask a question.

Sensitive, aren't we? Tell ya what there Skippy, you'd better ditch the attitude. Don't do it for me, I don't care. I'm retired, and I've been where you're wanting to go. You state you're a 21 year old with minimal life experience. That's pretty damned obvious. You also come across as yet one more self entitled, spoiled, snot nosed, "it's all about me" individuals who's been to far too many ball games where they don't keep score. I don't give a whistling flip whether or not you're successful in the academy or not. You should. You asked a question, you got a good faith reply, and you got your panties in a wad. You don't get to dictate the replies you receive here, not do you get to dictate the manner in which you receive them. Show up at the academy with your junior flip, immature, cry baby attitude, and you're not going to make it through the first day. If you feel my comments and reply were demeaning you really are not ready for this line of work. Once more, simply inquire of the academy. Simply ask the question minus your juvenile, self entitled attitude. Grow the hell up.Final tip. You're not going to get a trophy for simply showing up at this gig, Junior. you're going to do some actual work. That is if your ever so easily bruised ego makes it through the first day.

Comment

My intent was to not turn this into a ****ing contest, which is why I tried to let you know your assumptions were wrong, but apparently you failed to understand that Mr. Cal.

I stated that not everyone is a 21yr old, etc etc. meaning I've got life experience, I'm not 21yrs old, and I definitely didn't get a trophy for everything I did. I work hard for everything I do in life, nothing has been handed to me. I've been working to better myself in any way possible since high school when I decided this was the career path for me. That includes 10years in the Army, half enlisted half as an officer. I completed my bachelors during that time and have worked on Masters courses. I surpass my peers in most every position I have been afforded and am close to earning the right to be called a Special Agent in a prestigous 3-Letter Agency. I fail to see how anything I stated above equates to self-entitlement, but again, thank you for your assumptions. I agree that many of today's young are self-entitled...but since I am neither 21 nor can I stand that type of person, thank you.

Again, I had no complaints, I was looking for answers that do NOT come from the recruiters I talked with. I do not earn a ton of money and I have a family to provide for, so unlike many individuals who live beyond their means, I try not to. I was looking for advice on big ticket items I may need to be ready to purchase so that I can BUDGET for them. Since you do not have any answers, and yet again fail to provide any HELPFUL insight I'm done with this conversation.

When I come across back and forths like this on other boards I can't help but think "ridiculous" which is why I am done.

Not hurt feelings, no tight knit panties, I just don't have time for chest thumping over a message board. Thanks and have a great day.

For anyone with helpful insight, I would definitely appreciate a PM.

Comment

My intent was to not turn this into a ****ing contest, which is why I tried to let you know your assumptions were wrong, but apparently you failed to understand that Mr. Cal.

I stated that not everyone is a 21yr old, etc etc. meaning I've got life experience, I'm not 21yrs old, and I definitely didn't get a trophy for everything I did. I work hard for everything I do in life, nothing has been handed to me. I've been working to better myself in any way possible since high school when I decided this was the career path for me. That includes 10years in the Army, half enlisted half as an officer. I completed my bachelors during that time and have worked on Masters courses. I surpass my peers in most every position I have been afforded and am close to earning the right to be called a Special Agent in a prestigous 3-Letter Agency. I fail to see how anything I stated above equates to self-entitlement, but again, thank you for your assumptions. I agree that many of today's young are self-entitled...but since I am neither 21 nor can I stand that type of person, thank you.

Again, I had no complaints, I was looking for answers that do NOT come from the recruiters I talked with. I do not earn a ton of money and I have a family to provide for, so unlike many individuals who live beyond their means, I try not to. I was looking for advice on big ticket items I may need to be ready to purchase so that I can BUDGET for them. Since you do not have any answers, and yet again fail to provide any HELPFUL insight I'm done with this conversation.

When I come across back and forths like this on other boards I can't help but think "ridiculous" which is why I am done.

Not hurt feelings, no tight knit panties, I just don't have time for chest thumping over a message board. Thanks and have a great day.

For anyone with helpful insight, I would definitely appreciate a PM.

You're only proving my point Mr. Self Entitled. Go to the academy with your snot nosed, condescending, it's all about me attitude, and you better have a round trip ticket back to Mommy and Daddy. You need to understand, that I don't give a rat's rusty *** whether or not you succeed in the academy or not. You, on the other hand should. What I'm attempting to get through your thick, thus far unresponsive head to realize is, that unless or until you ditch the whinny ***ed, panties in a wad crying, you just ain't gonna make it. Geez, if you cant' take a little "straight from the shoulder from me, you don't have a prayer . Now, once more Junior, ask your question of the academy. Get clarification. I'm beginning to think that might come a little harder for you given your obvious lack of understanding, ability to comprehend, and overall crappy attitude. Better start growing up there Skippy, you haven't even begun to make the cut. Right now, the smart money says you won't.
            Are you really done with this conversation? Good, This "conversation" has been a pretty fair indication of your profoundly thin skin and your total inability to take a little honesty which isn't sugar coated or served up to you on a silver platter. Recall please, YOU asked the question. It has been answered, YOU just didn't like it, so you got mad, and started crying and whining. The DEA doesn't need, nor does it want babies. You're about to find that out.

Comment

Hey leave the boy alone. You know you cant reach people like that. Even when hired and deployed in the streets you still cant reach them. We all know the type. It's not until their attitude in the field makes them an outcast and they learn the HARD way.

PhilipCal is not alone here. I agree. On the surface, you seem quite pretentious and come off as a pompous ***. Sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe159 View Post
                Hey leave the boy alone. You know you cant reach people like that. Even when hired and deployed in the streets you still cant reach them. We all know the type. It's not until their attitude in the field makes them an outcast and they learn the HARD way.

PhilipCal is not alone here. I agree. On the surface, you seem quite pretentious and come off as a pompous ***. Sorry....

You've got a point Joe, a damned good one in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Sensitive, aren't we? Tell ya what there Skippy, you'd better ditch the attitude. Don't do it for me, I don't care. I'm retired, and I've been where you're wanting to go. You state you're a 21 year old with minimal life experience. That's pretty damned obvious. You also come across as yet one more self entitled, spoiled, snot nosed, "it's all about me" individuals who's been to far too many ball games where they don't keep score. I don't give a whistling flip whether or not you're successful in the academy or not. You should. You asked a question, you got a good faith reply, and you got your panties in a wad. You don't get to dictate the replies you receive here, not do you get to dictate the manner in which you receive them. Show up at the academy with your junior flip, immature, cry baby attitude, and you're not going to make it through the first day. If you feel my comments and reply were demeaning you really are not ready for this line of work. Once more, simply inquire of the academy. Simply ask the question minus your juvenile, self entitled attitude. Grow the hell up.Final tip. You're not going to get a trophy for simply showing up at this gig, Junior. you're going to do some actual work. That is if your ever so easily bruised ego makes it through the first day.
                  Don't bother wasting your time with PhilipCal, he is just an old retired wannabe who is grumpy because his golden days are long gone, and he is jealous of those who are still out there working.

Why else would he be hanging out here on this forum instead of out enjoying his retirement?
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                    Don't bother wasting your time with PhilipCal, he is just an old retired wannabe who is grumpy because his golden days are long gone, and he is jealous of those who are still out there working.

Why else would he be hanging out here on this forum instead of out enjoying his retirement?

Albert, not entirely certain how exactly to take your comments. Old and retired ? Absolutely!! Not a wanna be though. Make no mistake about it, I am thoroughly enjoying my retirement. Have been for almost seven years now. I recommend it highly, and sincerely hope you enjoy yours when it arrives. Our young friend though? He hasn't even made it to the academy yet, let alone graduated and assigned. Golden days? They're here Albert, and as I said , they're great. I know you're going to enjoy yours.

Comment

MR. Cal,

I have enjoyed your ridiculous ranting and hope your blood pressure hasn't jumped too high. My ability to brush you off after receiving condescending remarks renders me pompous and pretentious, maybe. However, your over-the-top name-calling and childish rant have gotten you nothing, except now you look like the ***. Maybe it's the result of 7 years off the force, or maybe it was the 30+ that you put in that made you a bitter ***, but it's neither here nor there. I heard everything you said, to include your condescending attitude and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Your advice was sound, had I not already tried to contact the agency and was told they wouldn't send the packing list until my final approval packet.

Your claim is that I cannot get the fact that I need to contact the agency through my "thick...unresponsive skull," YET I noted that the agency doesn't do business that way. I have asked the agency and was not given an answer, which is why I am now on here asking. Maybe you need to get that through your "thick...skull"

You are correct. You did not give me the answer I wanted to hear. I am looking for information, you gave me a more-experienced-than-thou, go check the source you idiot, response. Since I had already checked the source (while I haven't been in law enforcement, I have conducted an investigation or two) I was asking my peers or more experienced posters.

Since you were neither a DEA agent, nor working in any capacity during the last 7 years, which since then has seen many changes to law enforcement, you are unable to help me out with this question. I have noticed you've been helpful to others and I'm sure they appreciate it. If I have a question about cop culture or state policing I may contact you in the future as these seem to be your specialty. (not intended to be a smart *** remark, but based on your profile)

If you look at any of the forums on here, most people ask questions to receive answers they did not get elsewhere, hence my questioning.

Albert,

Couldn't agree with you more. It is funny that even though you wrote a fairly negative comment about Philip, you received a pretty neutral response due to your law enforcement experience. All Philip knows about me is that I'm under 37yrs old (max age to start a federal LE career) and because of one question I'm automatically a snot-nosed, self-entitled blah blah blah. (that isn't a complaint either, just a fact, my panties are pretty loose right now in case you were wondering, Mr. Cal)

Some people never learn to know your "enemy". Not even after 30+ years on the force.

Comment

Don't let that "special agent" badge make you a robocop...It isn't bulletproof. That's the only advice I can give you at this point. I think you are going to have a rough wake up call when you learn what the Law Enforcement world really is, and if your going to spend your time arguing with your superiors and peers every time you don't get your way, your career will be short.

Comment

Originally posted by HollywoodJayy View Post
                          Don't let that "special agent" badge make you a robocop...It isn't bulletproof. That's the only advice I can give you at this point. I think you are going to have a rough wake up call when you learn what the Law Enforcement world really is, and if your going to spend your time arguing with your superiors and peers every time you don't get your way, your career will be short.

Yep, each time "Skippy" posts he proves my point. Nothing more need be said concerning his self entitled , my" sh...i doesn't stink" attitude. You're correct, he has a long and wide learning curve to negotiate. The smart money says, given his totally whiney ***ed it's all about me attitude, that he isn't going to make it. No LE agency worth it's name, and the DEA IS such an agency, wants a baby in it's ranks. Our OP will quickly prove he's one of those, and he'll be dealt with quickly . He's far too thin skinned, far too immature, far too much of a "mama's boy" to make the cut this go around. That's what happens when you've been consistently told you're so special, every thing will break your way, and the world is yours for the asking. These folks pretty well self destruct when the rubber meets the road, and they discover that contrary to what Mommy and Daddy have told them, they really aren't all that special. His experience on this thread should be a "heads-up" that throwing a temper tantrum, and getting his panties in wad really doesn't work. He's about to find that out big time at the academy.

Comment

MR. Cal,

I have enjoyed your ridiculous ranting and hope your blood pressure hasn't jumped too high. My ability to brush you off after receiving condescending remarks renders me pompous and pretentious, maybe. However, your over-the-top name-calling and childish rant have gotten you nothing, except now you look like the ***. Maybe it's the result of 7 years off the force, or maybe it was the 30+ that you put in that made you a bitter ***, but it's neither here nor there. I heard everything you said, to include your condescending attitude and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Your advice was sound, had I not already tried to contact the agency and was told they wouldn't send the packing list until my final approval packet.

Your claim is that I cannot get the fact that I need to contact the agency through my "thick...unresponsive skull," YET I noted that the agency doesn't do business that way. I have asked the agency and was not given an answer, which is why I am now on here asking. Maybe you need to get that through your "thick...skull"

You are correct. You did not give me the answer I wanted to hear. I am looking for information, you gave me a more-experienced-than-thou, go check the source you idiot, response. Since I had already checked the source (while I haven't been in law enforcement, I have conducted an investigation or two) I was asking my peers or more experienced posters.

Since you were neither a DEA agent, nor working in any capacity during the last 7 years, which since then has seen many changes to law enforcement, you are unable to help me out with this question. I have noticed you've been helpful to others and I'm sure they appreciate it. If I have a question about cop culture or state policing I may contact you in the future as these seem to be your specialty. (not intended to be a smart *** remark, but based on your profile)

If you look at any of the forums on here, most people ask questions to receive answers they did not get elsewhere, hence my questioning.

Albert,

Couldn't agree with you more. It is funny that even though you wrote a fairly negative comment about Philip, you received a pretty neutral response due to your law enforcement experience. All Philip knows about me is that I'm under 37yrs old (max age to start a federal LE career) and because of one question I'm automatically a snot-nosed, self-entitled blah blah blah. (that isn't a complaint either, just a fact, my panties are pretty loose right now in case you were wondering, Mr. Cal)

Some people never learn to know your "enemy". Not even after 30+ years on the force.

Don't worry about the blood pressure Junior, not your problem. Want to know what YOU'RE problem is? Proceed to the nearest mirror. Take a good long look. Now you know what it is. Grow up Junior!!

Comment

Hollywood,

I'm not one to hold a position over anyone's head, whether a federal LE over local/state, or an officer over an enlisted soldier. I was just stating that my question pertained to DEA's academy packing list. Mr. Cal doesn't have the answer because he doesn't work for them, and to my knowledge (based solely on his profile) he never did. Since he can only direct me to call the agency, which I already had, he hasn't helped this conversation. He has continually remarked at my self-entitled-ness, but all I'm looking for is a simple answer. If it can't be talked about, I'm ok with that. I figured someone might know, but I'm totally content with "I'll get it when I get it with the final packet." The point of this message board is to pass off info to those that don't know, or to ask questions for those that need info.

Unfortunately a message board does not accurately depict the person on the other end. Everything Mr. Cal has painted about me is completely the opposite of who I am. I do appreciate everyone's advice on here. The way my posts are read do paint an arrogant ***. Was I trying to be one towards Mr. Cal after his intial post, yes. Why? Because when someone I encounter is looking for answers, I go out of the way to help them, not tell them what an idiot they are for asking a question. Am I arrogant to a superior, subordinate or peer, No. I know time and place to bite my tongue and drive on. Since this is a message board and he is a random poster instead of a TAC or instructor, or superior, after asking a simple question and being called a self-entitled, yada yada, I didn't feel like biting it.

That probably has to do with the fact that I despise the type of person that Mr. Cal is trying to depict me as. Oh well, it's only a message board.

If I meet you in real life, I promise you we'd be great partners.

P.S. Do you know many Vegas PD? I've got a buddy out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7966 users online. 255 members and 7711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X