Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have info on this I'd appreciate it will be attending FLETC in October and would like to get the ball rolling on this

Comment

I know this is an old thread but, If someone used up all the POST 9/11 education benefits am I still able to receive the OJT and apprenticeship benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by squeakeer View Post
        I know this is an old thread but, If someone used up all the POST 9/11 education benefits am I still able to receive the OJT and apprenticeship benefits?
        The VA will provide a maximum of 48 months of benefits total.

I used the pre-9/11 GI Bill for 36 months and the post-9/11 GI Bill for 12 months, since I earned both... but it capped out at 48 months total.

You can use the GI Bill in conjunction with other VA programs, but again it will cap out at 48 months of benefits total. The best person to ask is a veteran's benefits advisor. Most county governments have a veteran's department or agency.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• squeakeer
          squeakeer commented
          Editing a comment
          But if I used up all my POST 9/11 benefits am I still able to receive the benefits from the apprenticeship payments? The reason why I am asking here, is because I am currently in Afghanistan and the only info I can find on the VA website is to call. I will keep looking for a email address.

• tanksoldier
          tanksoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          If you qualify under a VA program you can use that program, up to a maximum of 48 months, or the maximum of the program. Apprenticeship and OJT are part of the post-9/11 GI Bill, so if you used all 36 month of the GI Bill up then no... but there may be another program you qualify to use for the other 12 months until you max out at 48. The only people who can give you a definite answer about your specific case is the VA. Focus on what you're doing now, get back from Afghanistan, and then worry about education benefits.
          Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-30-2020, 09:20 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4808 users online. 343 members and 4465 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X