300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC MPD Academy

Hi everyone! Can anyone post some information about what to expect at the DC MPD academy (i.e. style? time spent doing pt vs. classroom? min./max. miles ran/day? consequences? etc.) I haven't received "the call" yet, but I want to be prepared if I do. Any tips/work out regimens anyone used before the academy is helpful too! Thanks!

Originally posted by Wolffy0917 View Post
    Hi everyone! Can anyone post some information about what to expect at the DC MPD academy (i.e. style? time spent doing pt vs. classroom? min./max. miles ran/day? consequences? etc.) I haven't received "the call" yet, but I want to be prepared if I do. Any tips/work out regimens anyone used before the academy is helpful too! Thanks!
    PT is 2 hours a day for about 12 weeks...

Our runs started out at around a mile and then increased to 3-4 miles with an occasional run closer to 4/5 miles....They arent at a fast pace though. You wont run everyday in PT though, usually every other day with the rest of the time spent doing pushups/situps/sprints/and a bunch of other "fun" things. :-)

Comment

Thank you for that! After the 12 weeks, you didn't really do much PT anymore or just on your own basically? Did you have any specific workouts you swear by to prepare? Thanks again for the info. and anyone else, feel free to continue posting!

Comment

Thank you for that! After the 12 weeks, you didn't really do much PT anymore or just on your own basically? Did you have any specific workouts you swear by to prepare? Thanks again for the info. and anyone else, feel free to continue posting!
        My class did 8 weeks of PT, then started Defensive Tactics after that (so we pretty much had to just work out on our own)...they just recently extended PT to around 12 weeks...

Honestly, I think they should have SOME sort of PT throughout the whole academy....I know I've def slacked off a bit with PT since we stopped doing it at the academy.

I would just start working out in some shape or form. Just don't show up the first day in no shape at all or it will be a LONGGGGG 12 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by mjcek View Post
          My class did 8 weeks of PT, then started Defensive Tactics after that (so we pretty much had to just work out on our own)...they just recently extended PT to around 12 weeks...

Honestly, I think they should have SOME sort of PT throughout the whole academy....I know I've def slacked off a bit with PT since we stopped doing it at the academy.

I would just start working out in some shape or form. Just don't show up the first day in no shape at all or it will be a LONGGGGG 12 weeks...
          Yeah that's actually surprising that PT doesn't last through the entire academy. I work out on a regular basis, so that makes me feel a little more confident. How are the instructors? Paramilitary style with the yelling/cursing or not so much? It seems more classroom/education oriented, correct? Thanks for your input!

Comment

What's the daily/weekly schedule like?

Comment

6 hours of class time 2 hours of PT/DT every class is will not be the same because of staff that is teaching but one thing is the same is that you will have test just about ever two weeks. Its not really much to it, test and training if you look on youtube and type in police traning or academy you will get a good idea of what you will be getting into. take it day by day 1 test at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by e847fy View Post
                6 hours of class time 2 hours of PT/DT every class is will not be the same because of staff that is teaching but one thing is the same is that you will have test just about ever two weeks. Its not really much to it, test and training if you look on youtube and type in police traning or academy you will get a good idea of what you will be getting into. take it day by day 1 test at a time.
                Great advice. Thank you!

Comment

What's the usual hours you're in the academy? 6-2? Longer?

Comment

MJcek and I are normally the early birds in the parking lot I get there at around 5:30-and leave at 3:00 sharp...

Comment

so do u guys don't live at the academy?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong e847fy and mjcek, but it is not a live in academy.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong e847fy and mjcek, but it is not a live in academy.
                          No live-in...

Up until a few years ago, they made recruits live at the academy for the first month only.

Comment

I'm starting the DC academy in a few weeks, so I'd love to hear any additional information that you guys would be willing to share.

Comment

Originally posted by urbnxr View Post
                              I'm starting the DC academy in a few weeks, so I'd love to hear any additional information that you guys would be willing to share.
                              Start running/PT now. Don't show up out of shape!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8180 users online. 444 members and 7736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X