Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone here attending palm beach state academy ?
    If so how's the training ? i am starting on august 25th and i would like to have some insight ....
    i run 3 to 5 miles a day (3-4 times per week )
    i lift, i do push-ups/sit-ups
    so what should i expect ? and is there anything i should be prepared for ?
    Thank You Guys, You've Been informative ...greatly appreciated ....

Comment

I started out running 1.5 mile but recently uped it to 3 miles.. In the nj state police academy you run every day , each week miles increase by 10% ( im not i academy still in process)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony88 View Post
        Did you have to run up the stairs with your bag? I know a lot of companies done that.
        No bag, but we did have full duty belt and vest... sometimes even our long baton which we had to remove from the duty belt and carry(pain in the ***).

Comment

Originally posted by cards View Post
          The ISP does not allow the recruits to rehydrate during 2 hours intense cardio???sounds like an accident waiting to happen...then they go into 2 more hours of intense almost back to back, without rehydration...Is this normal????
          We rarely got breaks to hydrate during our 1 to 1.5 hours of cardio/modified crossfit workouts. Our instructors gave us the reasoning that out on the street if we got into a fight for our life we wouldn't get a chance to stop for a water break... We also were yelled at for stopping to tie our shoes for that same reasoning.

To try and balance this out, we all tried to consume a lot of water in the morning and early afternoon, as our physical training was always the last two hours of the day.

One person in my class had to quit due to a serious medical issue that could have been caused by dehydration. Other than that, the rest of us survived. I know I would have done better with more water.

Comment

When we were done a run we were instructed to hydrate, even if not thirsty.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

the most we ran was like 9.5miles otherwise when we did exercise it was like 1-2miles at most.

Comment

I attended a local academy in east tx. We ran somewhere between 3X per week and every day that week (weekdays). It really depended on subject matter at the time, if someone ****ed off the instructor, etc.

We would usually cover 2-4miles and mix in planks, pushups, situps, yada yada yada throughout the run.
                Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9123 users online. 410 members and 8713 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X