300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy help.

Am I doing enough and I do not have enough time. I've started training 3 months ago I am 5'7 176 lbs and not fat haha. I run 5 days out of the week and warm-up an hour prior to running. I do 50 push-ups same for sit-ups I do 40 squats and do 30 curl-ups each hand with 40 lbs dumbbells. My 1.5 run time is at 12 minutes I am striving for 9. Any help? I start academy in january of 2012.

My goal by the begining of january is to have my 1.5 down to 9 minutes and be able to do 100 push-ups and sit-ups. Also being able to do 80 squats and increase my dumbbell weight to 55 lbs.

Originally posted by tpauley91 View Post
    Am I doing enough and I do not have enough time. I've started training 3 months ago I am 5'7 176 lbs and not fat haha. I run 5 days out of the week and warm-up an hour prior to running. I do 50 push-ups same for sit-ups I do 40 squats and do 30 curl-ups each hand with 40 lbs dumbbells. My 1.5 run time is at 12 minutes I am striving for 9. Any help? I start academy in january of 2012.

My goal by the begining of january is to have my 1.5 down to 9 minutes and be able to do 100 push-ups and sit-ups. Also being able to do 80 squats and increase my dumbbell weight to 55 lbs.
    9 minutes for the 1.5 is supper and far far above avg. 12 minutes is good too. my personal best 10:10 avg of about 10:30/50. Anyway speed workouts will help with time. Run and your normal pace than speedup for say 3 or houses (or what ever is around that you run by).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Thank you I run on a farm trail from the begining to the end of the trail is 1.5 miles and so I run it twice a day.

Comment

Ask your FTO what the standards are for the PT test, they should know. Also, just my opinion, but take it easy on the running. Don't run 5 days a week. I did the samething trying to prepare for the academy and got a condition called runners knee. If you have just started running for only 3 months and you are pushing your body to the max you could tear your knee like I did. It has taken me 3 months to get my knee back to normal. Try only running every other day. Do cardio one day, and weight lift the other to give your muscles time to rest and build. Just my two cents, but other than that, keep up the good work and train hard!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4906 users online. 356 members and 4550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X