Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!! I made it through! We picked numbers, and fortunately I got #2. Man ... worst pain in my life, but I got through it, and I remembered all of ya'lls advice, which helped me stay calm, know what to expect, and helped me recover faster. In a controlled environment, I'd rather be tased. On the streets, I'd rather be sprayed, you can still fight through that. Thanks again!

Comment

Glad you got that over with.
      Going 2nd is a good thing. I had the bad luck of going near last in both OC and Taser. So I got to watch all my classmates suffering before I had to do it. I kind of intuitively new how bad the Taser would be, but I really didn't know what to expect from the OC. It hurt in a way I totally hadn't anticipated, and I was pretty panicky. But it only lasted about 30 minutes. After an hour I had a little bit of light sensitivity, but I was pretty much good to go. Thankfully, it never really reactivated in the shower.
      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
        Glad you got that over with.
        Going 2nd is a good thing. I had the bad luck of going near last in both OC and Taser. So I got to watch all my classmates suffering before I had to do it. I kind of intuitively new how bad the Taser would be, but I really didn't know what to expect from the OC. It hurt in a way I totally hadn't anticipated, and I was pretty panicky. But it only lasted about 30 minutes. After an hour I had a little bit of light sensitivity, but I was pretty much good to go. Thankfully, it never really reactivated in the shower.
        My dept uses Freeze +P and when i got sprayed with that stuff it sucked majorly. I was able to fully function after about 1 minute, but my face burned for literally 6 hours. And then, shower time. Ugh...

Comment

For the future, I would recommend a big bucket of water and a scuba tank.
          We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
          For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
          Shall be my brother;

Comment

I would rather be sprayed any day. I've told others that I would give up all of the information I had to my enemy captors in a war time situation after being tased once. I've been sprayed directly and indirectly in certification/recertification over the years. What wasn't fun at all was the week long chemical weapons instructor course where we had to attack another student with a fake knife while the other student sprayed you until you stopped your aggression. I thought I was going to die, not being able to breathe. The pain to my eyes and face was terrible and almost unbearable. We had a water buffalo out there and I thought I was going to run it dry trying to decontaminate.
            Also, during deployment in the field, you almost always get a good whif which may cause you to cough a few times and involuntary closing of the eyes but it passes.

Comment

OC wasn't too bad, we just did it on Halloween day. Water and baby shampoo seemed to do the trick for the most part. Only place it reactivated on me was in my ear, that didn't feel too great.

Comment

We did ours last month and it wasn't that bad. It only hurt where I had a sunburn on top of my head from standing outside in the sun. We used the Freeze Plus stuff. We had two hose stations with running water and Dawn soap. Guess it helped, others stated it worked wonders.

We started off by sprinting about 300 yards then getting sprayed in the face. Then one of the instructors tried taking our weapon. If he got it, he threw it about 60 yards and you had to go get it. Then you go to four dummy stations and do different PPCT tactics on them. Finally you went to 3 classmates, identify the one with a gun and arrest them. It took about 4 minutes for each person.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 230 members and 4541 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X