300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina BLET

I have a few questions. I just finished up my AAS in Criminal Justice and am wanting to pursue a career in LE. I am currently 20 and turn 21 August of 2012. I plan on putting myself through BLET in January of 2012. My questions are how hard is BLET? By me going through BLET on my own will that make my chances of getting hired better? Has anyone else put themselves through BLET? If so did it take you long to get a job? I appreciate the help

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jamped1482; 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM.

Originally posted by jamped1482 View Post
    I have a few questions. I just finished up my AAS in Criminal Justice and am wanting to pursue a career in LE. I am currently 20 and turn 21 August of 2012. I plan on putting myself through BLET in January of 2012. My questions are how hard is BLET? By me going through BLET on my own will that make my chances of getting hired better? Has anyone else put themselves through BLET? If so did it take you long to get a job? I appreciate the help

Thanks
    Jimmy

There are a gazillion posts on this in the North Carolina section. You should be able to find your answers and some other information if you check it out.
    yeah!

Comment

Im new to this, how do you get to the NC section?

Comment

Go back to the Forums tab on the top of your screen, and click it. Scroll down to the U.S. States section, and click on North Carolina.
        Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Sponsorships waive the tuition and no, self sponsoring will not look any better than being sponsored by an agency. Get sponsored, make the best of it, work hard, and it will pay off.

Comment

thanks man. im just worried about my age, im really mature but i heard a lot of agencies dont hire 21 year olds.

Comment

Some agencies here hire 20 year olds and swear them in after they turn 21. Although most require you to be atleast 21. When you get your BLET cert. you have 12 months to be sworn in. Not much time to waste, so start looking mid way through the class.

Comment

I have a few questions. I just finished up my AAS in Criminal Justice and am wanting to pursue a career in LE. I am currently 20 and turn 21 August of 2012. I plan on putting myself through BLET in January of 2012. get sponsored My questions are how hard is BLET? as hard as you make it By me going through BLET on my own will that make my chances of getting hired better? you must go through BLET to become a sworn officer in NC Has anyone else put themselves through BLET? I did, monetary wise, with a sponsor If so did it take you long to get a job? depends on time of year, budget. it took me 4 months out of BLET to get a job I appreciate the help

Thanks
                Jimmy

My responses in RED
                Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

thanks man. i appreciate the help. have you taken BLET? If so where and was it hard?

Comment

jamped, whats your email?
                    Last edited by FiVo3; 08-17-2011, 01:37 AM. Reason: correction
                    Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

thanks man. im just worried about my age, im really mature but i heard a lot of agencies dont hire 21 year olds.
                        Do not worry about your age. Some departments, especially larger police agencies, will hire you at 20 as long as you complete the academy by age 21. They like to start young and build and mold you into their vision of a good police officer. Just stay in shape, keep a good background record and be prepared for a tough hiring process. Especially with larger agencies.

Best of luck to you!
                        CLICK IT OR TICKET! DRIVER SOBER OR GET PULLED OVER!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6128 users online. 442 members and 5686 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X