300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Last Night of "Freedom" So To Speak

I report to the police dept. at 7:45 am for my first day of the academy tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I've read a lot of posts from this website and definitely have found some to be very helpful.

Anyone want to throw me (and future LEO's) some final words of advice before embarking on my career? Thank you in advance for the kind words.

Congratulations!
    Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Congrats.

Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut for the next 6 months

Then hang on for a great ride.................you just bought the A Ticket.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Like Iowa said...."Keep your mouth shut"

Dont be the know-it-all, every class has 1 or 2 or 3 and every class hates them.

Blend in

Never ever quit

Comment

Head down + mouth shut + ears open + never quit = successful academy

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice. 26 weeks till The TCLEOSE test. I'm ready!

Comment

HONESTY! If you f- up, stand up and say "Hey, I f-ed up." Then do your pushups or whatever and move on. This has been true in my academy and from what I hear it's just as true for your career.
              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

^^^ This

In Law Enforcement, unlike politics and criminal "justice", honesty is NOT optional.

Comment

I envy you and your new job . Good luck!

Comment

Congratulations!! I sure hope to be in your shoes soon...

One other word of advice that I was always told in regards to the academy - don't volunteer for anything - nothing good can come from it!
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Well Day 1 is in the books. Heard some good information today. Told us that the total academy hours are over 1088. Man that's a lot of classroom time!

Comment

Volunteer trust me it will help you stand out in a positive way don't be an instructors pet but do your best to be a leader because the quiet ones who fly under the radar and don't volunteer are the ones who will get singled out. Push hard and always be open to constructive criticism.

Be organized all the time and make sure you're always prepared for random inspections and pop quiz's out on the grinder this is your career and your word is golden remember that. If you have questions then ask, and go out of your way to help your class get in line for the success of all of you.

Congratulations and remember the time to make mistakes is in the academy so you can learn from them because the streets won't cut you any slack. God bless

Comment

Congrats! Soak up everything you can. I will be in your shoes in 3 weeks, can't wait!

Comment

NOT your last night of freedom...the first day of a new chapter. Best of luck. Do what my partners above had said and enjoy!
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

We have to choose a class president, vice president and secretary next week and I think I'm going to push for the president or VP spot. I welcome the opportunity, I just have to show it to my classmates that I can do the job.

Thanks for the info and good luck to those of you about to start the academy. We start the "real" stuff on Monday morning and have our PT test on Thursday morning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6414 users online. 354 members and 6060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X