300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to become a police officer

I live in new castle pa was wondering if anyone can tell me how can I become a officer in new castle pa or any where in pa I called up an academy and and there mailing me an application they told me I have to be a us citizen and a high school diploma or ged if they accept my application do I go for testing or what tips and advice thank you all

Originally posted by santoscln View Post
    I live in new castle pa was wondering if anyone can tell me how can I become a officer in new castle pa or any where in pa I called up an academy and and there mailing me an application they told me I have to be a us citizen and a high school diploma or ged if they accept my application do I go for testing or what tips and advice thank you all
    Here's a tip - use periods and commas once in a while.

If you apply to an academy and they accept you, go for it. Not sure what else you are asking.

Comment

I realize this is a web forum and everything but OH50 is right, spelling and punctuation are very important as you will be writing a lot. Also get a ride along if possible to decide if this is what you really want. How is your background?
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Step One...

Use the search function.

Step Two...

Use it again.

Step Three...

Do a google search for the departments in your area and see what their standards are.

Step Four...

Check the academy website or call them again and ask about the process before you waste your time and money applying.

Step Five...

Make an honest, no BS, list of everything you've ever done in your life that could be construed as illegal or morally questionable. Then, make a list of all the jobs you've ever had, whether you left on good terms or got fired. Stack yourself up honestly. Do you have college, military, or life experience? Can you afford to sponsor yourself through the academy? Do you need to? Does your state even allow it?

Once you've done all this, you'll know what the requirements are, what your chances are, and whether or not you need to worry about the academy at this time. As others have said, go on a ride along... check the area your interested in working and see what departments allow them.

Then, come back with a renewed and focused set of questions for everyone here to help you out with.

Good luck.
        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
          Step One...

Use the search function.

Step Two...

Use it again.

Step Three...

Do a google search for the departments in your area and see what their standards are.

Step Four...

Check the academy website or call them again and ask about the process before you waste your time and money applying.

Step Five...

Make an honest, no BS, list of everything you've ever done in your life that could be construed as illegal or morally questionable. Then, make a list of all the jobs you've ever had, whether you left on good terms or got fired. Stack yourself up honestly. Do you have college, military, or life experience? Can you afford to sponsor yourself through the academy? Do you need to? Does your state even allow it?

Once you've done all this, you'll know what the requirements are, what your chances are, and whether or not you need to worry about the academy at this time. As others have said, go on a ride along... check the area your interested in working and see what departments allow them.

Then, come back with a renewed and focused set of questions for everyone here to help you out with.

Good luck.
          +1 to this. Alll true.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4038 users online. 263 members and 3775 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X