300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside County Sheriff Academy May 3rd

Anyone attending the 185th class for Riverside county on May 3rd?

I'll be there... See you next Wendsday at orientation... Who-raa!

Comment

How long did it take you guys to go through Riverside County's hiring process? I passed the PAT 2 weeks ago and was put on their "eligibility" list.

Comment

Gongrats guys. Hope to be on that same boat soon. I couldn't take the PAT they offered 2 weeks ago, so hopefully they have one coming up soon!

Comment

FutureLEO- Wat consists of the PAT?? I read it was as many push ups in 1 minute- 22 minimum. Sit ups- same format as push ups with 27 minimum. Mile and a half run in 14 or less. Is that correct?

Comment

FutureLeo77- I started the process back in August of last year. My background was completed a few weeks ago and was going to be presented for hire but my bi called me the night before to say that they canceled hiring due to the board of supervisors telling the sheriff to cut the budget. I was offered to go in as a self sponsored recruit so that is what I'm going to do. If you can, take the wellness class... You get to meet a lot of the staff and they train you the way the academy recruits get trained. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by KKing View Post
              FutureLeo77- I started the process back in August of last year. My background was completed a few weeks ago and was going to be presented for hire but my bi called me the night before to say that they canceled hiring due to the board of supervisors telling the sheriff to cut the budget. I was offered to go in as a self sponsored recruit so that is what I'm going to do. If you can, take the wellness class... You get to meet a lot of the staff and they train you the way the academy recruits get trained. Good luck!
              What's that gonna run you? Are they gonna pay you while you're in the academy?
              Originally Posted by Law100
              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Papa- no pay... Going in self sponsored because I worked too hard to get to this point and wait... Working on scholarships and grants to help pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KKing View Post
                  Papa- no pay... Going in self sponsored because I worked too hard to get to this point and wait... Working on scholarships and grants to help pay for it.
                  Best of luck to you. I know at least 2 guys who self sponsored and didn't get picked up, that's what scares me from doing it myself. I know the San Bernardino Valley College academy is a few grand all together.
                  Originally Posted by Law100
                  Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Pappa- Best of luck to you... These are hard times but I'm blessed enough to be in a position to do this. I wish it was as a hire but what can you do. There will be more hiring... It's just gonna take some time.

Comment

LAbert, you are correct, that is exactly what it consisted of. KKing, wow that's horrible! I can't believe after all that time they just now tell you that they can't hire you! I mean, I really had no idea, but Riverside County seemed like they were on a hiring binge. I see the billboards, the website is all about hiring, and when I did the PAT there were probably 300 ppl there. I can't believe they waste the time and money conducting all those written tests and PAT's when they know they're not going to have any money.

Comment

FutureLEO- I believe they were planning on hiring but the board of supervisors asked the sheriff to cut the budget quite a bit. You can check out the meeting from April 4th on a webcast and get better answers. Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks KKing for the heads up! Good luck to you too!!

Comment

Good luck pappa, kking, labert and future. See you guys tomorrow at the orientation. May 3rd is right around the corner, hope everyone has a good time. Make sure to stay in the game.

Comment

When did last class graduate? i met a guy at the barber shop that told me he wou;d hook me up with books. im an explorer and plan to apply to the police dept. i turn 20 tomorow. i know i can apply at 20 and a half.. Good luck to the new class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4587 users online. 161 members and 4426 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X