Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law enforcement grants and scholarships...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avalon42
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal12a
    replied
    I know that pomona is hiring. La Puente is hiring for reserves at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• acpaco
    replied
    I didn't think about applying for a reserve position while I attend the academy (although I don't believe there are any such vacancies at the moment). None of my contacts at my local department have any specific answer either. I think I'm going to make an appointment with the college counselor (yes I'm planning to attend a community college academy out of Santa Maria, CA) on Monday. Thanks for your response!

Leave a comment:

• SoCal12a
    replied
    I would suggest speaking to a counselor at your academy. I'm assuming you are going to a college based academy? Other then that your local PD is a great starting point. If the job market wasn't as competitive as it is right now, I'd have suggested trying to get on at a department and having them sponsor you through the academy. If all goes as planned I will be accepted as a reserve officer after self sponsoring. I won't get reimbursed for the academy, but I will be getting paid to go to the academy as well as having my departments patches on my uniform. Reserve is a better bet if you choose to go that route.

Leave a comment:

• acpaco
    started a topic Law enforcement grants and scholarships...

Law enforcement grants and scholarships...

Can anyone reccomend any grants and/or scholarships that are available for those pursuing law enforcement careers in California? I'm a 23 year old mother who is going back to school and trying to get into the 2012 academy in my area (southern cali)...I'll need $2100+ just to make minimum requirements to get in...anyone have ideas?? (serious/pertinent responses only please)...I just think I'll have a better chance at my local agency if I put myself through the academy like many officers I know have done...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6321 users online. 341 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X