Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law enforcement grants and scholarships...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law enforcement grants and scholarships...

Can anyone reccomend any grants and/or scholarships that are available for those pursuing law enforcement careers in California? I'm a 23 year old mother who is going back to school and trying to get into the 2012 academy in my area (southern cali)...I'll need $2100+ just to make minimum requirements to get in...anyone have ideas?? (serious/pertinent responses only please)...I just think I'll have a better chance at my local agency if I put myself through the academy like many officers I know have done...

How many people know what they want to do with their life since they learned to talk?

I would suggest speaking to a counselor at your academy. I'm assuming you are going to a college based academy? Other then that your local PD is a great starting point. If the job market wasn't as competitive as it is right now, I'd have suggested trying to get on at a department and having them sponsor you through the academy. If all goes as planned I will be accepted as a reserve officer after self sponsoring. I won't get reimbursed for the academy, but I will be getting paid to go to the academy as well as having my departments patches on my uniform. Reserve is a better bet if you choose to go that route.

Comment

I didn't think about applying for a reserve position while I attend the academy (although I don't believe there are any such vacancies at the moment). None of my contacts at my local department have any specific answer either. I think I'm going to make an appointment with the college counselor (yes I'm planning to attend a community college academy out of Santa Maria, CA) on Monday. Thanks for your response!

How many people know what they want to do with their life since they learned to talk?

Comment

I know that pomona is hiring. La Puente is hiring for reserves at the moment.

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4858 users online. 289 members and 4569 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X