300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Diffucult Part of Academy

For all of you that have been there, was there a certain part that was more diffucult than others and for those who were not military, was it diffucult adjusting to somewhere with so much discipline and order thanks

ks
    Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother ****ers in God's cruel kingdom?
    All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.
    Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the God damn valley?"
    All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.
    Sgt. Siek: We shall ****ing see.

Some days it was tough to stay awake. Those were the days you counted on the guy next to you to kick you in the shins if your head started to fall.

Some of the driving was hard, but I got through it.

Overall though you get out of the Academy what you put into it.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Time Management. My academy was held in 3 months so we had lots of night/weekend classes. Mix that with the projects and papers we had to do outside of class and it made for some long nights and "working" days off. It was worth it though.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
      (")_(")
      Copy and paste Bunny into your
      signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

dealing with the 5% jackasses in the class that make everything painful for the rest of the class.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Running. I hate running. I really really hate it. And I can do a mile and a half in under 10 minutes easy. I can't stand being made to run around a track in the hot weather. Its tiring and its boring.

Comment

^^^Especially in Artesia. Staying awake was the hardest part for me. Also I hated all the BS that instructors made you do that had no real world application. I know it was all a learning process but some of the stuff was just asinine.
            The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
            I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
            Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

I imagine that if I get hired on, my academy is going to start in August. It's a beach community. The academy is like 10 blocks or less from the oceanfront. The runs go up and down the boardwalk and parking strucutres and by all those lovely ladies in their bikinis...... ahhh it's going to suck, but I'm going to love every minute of it!

Comment

I think the breaking you down to build you up part. Some folks get off on breakin you down...and are slow to build you back up. Whatever!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

The closest I came to failing was driving (backwards through a set of snaking cones).

Once you realize it’s part of the instructor’s objectives to hassle you for the sake of hassling it becomes really easy. Pushups and physical/mental stress are part of the equation. How they go about administering them is really immaterial.

For no matter what BS they are dishing out they only have until graduation to do it.

Don’t get distracted on asinine things. I think that’s part of the learning process. Some things simply don’t matter. However, it will be the end of the world if something is askew. Don’t let trying to avoid getting yelled at in inspection distract you from using your time productively studying.

To play the game, and keep my integrity every night I ran a hot iron over my uniform. I ran a brush through my gun even if they needed it or not. You truly never know when certain things will be a problem. They will ask you if you cleaned or ironed your stuff even if it’s perfect or not. If you say no, then no matter what it’s not perfect. If you say yes, and you didn’t then you put yourself at astronomical ethics risk.

So I always made sure I did something that allowed me to say yes I took care of business. If they want to berate me after that then it’s fine. If my gun is not clean enough I know it will still fire 1,000 rounds without malfunction and that’s good enough in any LEO fire fight.

Make sure you can always say yes, you took care of business, and focus your honest efforts on items that you can be failed out for.

One doesn’t get expelled for dirty boots. One gets expelled for saying they cleaned their boots when they didn’t.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                  - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

I hated Defensive Tactics. If you like getting thrown around like a rag doll, breaking ribs, getting concussions, and dislocating shoulders, then you`ll love it. The PT and disciplinary PT becomes easy once your body gets in "Academy Shape" and its almost comical when they ask you to drop and dig. Im done in 3 weeks.....hoooorrrahhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by John0397 View Post
                      I imagine that if I get hired on, my academy is going to start in August. It's a beach community. The academy is like 10 blocks or less from the oceanfront. The runs go up and down the boardwalk and parking strucutres and by all those lovely ladies in their bikinis...... ahhh it's going to suck, but I'm going to love every minute of it!
                      1.5 miles from academy to beachfront. We've only gone down to the pier and back so far, but I'm sure we'll start advancing further in no time.

Comment

I hope to be there in February my friend..
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

For me, it was staying awake.
                          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

in talking with some other officers, by the time you get towards the end of the academy, the runs will be around 9 miles. Oh, and parking garages are in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                              dealing with the 5% jackasses in the class that make everything painful for the rest of the class.

M-11
                              This... but a higher percentage.
                              I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5197 users online. 176 members and 5021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X