300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting tomorrow night

Starting the academy tomorrow night at Daytona State College. I elected to attend the part time session to be able to work during the day. I'm self-sponsoring as the days of an agency sponsoring seem to be long gone; except for some select in bigger cities. Anyway, I'm extremely excited about finally starting and look forward to the next nine months. Thanks to all on the forum during the past year or so while I asked a lot of questions, read a ton of posts and met some great friends.

Good luck brother. What dept. are you striving towards post-academy?

Comment

Hey man, thanks for the well wishes. You know, I'm not sure which department yet. I'm 36 and have been planning this my whole life actually, kinda a late start but better late than never I suppose. Anyway, I'm in Daytona currently but am single with no kids so relocating is probably in my near future. I'm thinking about going down south to the Miami area. For two reasons; first better money and second I feel if I need to get experience that would be the area. It's a jungle in south Florida I know and I've heard the stories but working for one of those progressive large agencies I feel I will get great training and be exposed to EVERYTHING possible. I have nine months to go till graduation but I'll start applying probably mid-summer. The market is flooded here in Florida as well as everywhere else so fingers crossed and a lot of praying.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I'm in the night class now. It took some getting use to with the work schedule and then going straight to the academy but its working out. A little sacrafice now will pay off later! We started Feb.14th. We're currently halfway through the DT block. Good luck boss!
          Last edited by NEWPLAN; 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM.
          sigpic
          You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. -Mary Manin Morrissey

Comment

Ya, it's going great so far, 3 days in lol. We actually had our first test tonight Chapter 1 intro, I got a 92. Messed up on two stupid questions, one I actually went back and changed and would've gotten it right if I didn't change it. Oh well, I passed. 1 person failed, not sure who it was but I felt bad for them. We start legal Saturday, not looking forward to that. Keep everyone updated as I'm so excited I can't explain it and just want to talk it about it to everyone. None of my friends and family really care so I love getting on the forums and talking. Take care.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4719 users online. 284 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X