300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police Academy

Last edited by topgunner; 01-17-2013, 02:09 AM.

Get in the best shape that you can! It will be one less thing you have to focus on once the academy starts. You don't want to be that guy who can't do a single pull up and 10 push ups the first PT session and get some "special attention" from the instructors. Not sure how much running is done there anymore. From what Iv'e heard they are going more towards functional fitness, think cross-fit P90X type stuff. Once you start just take it one day at a time and keep motivated!
    Good Luck!

Comment

Deleted...
      Last edited by jlink38; 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Get ready for some fun!
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Keep your mouth shut and your ears open !!!!!!!!
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Comment

Got this bit of advice from one of my academy instructors. "Do what you're told, when you're told, and how you're told to do it!"
              It's just a bit game and You just gotta play it. I'm talking about all the yelling, screaming, getting smoked etc. It's not personal. It's there to teach you, so submit to the training. Do that, and you will be ok.

Comment

All of the above advice is good especially the part about being quiet. But I will tell you as an Academy staff person one of the things that we dislike the most about recruits are those recruits who don't try when asked to do something or give very little effort when asked to do something. Also those that seem to wind and complain about everything that is asked of them. When asked to go outside and run the obstacle course you don't say a thing you do with a smile on your face and you don't whine. Remember that being in the Academy especially the state Academy is a 24 seven job interview. They're watching you the entire time that they are in contact with you and forming opinions about your ability to function as the police officer. No one wants to work with someone who complains all the time and no one wants to work with someone who doesn't want and give forth the effort that everybody else is. Just my two cents, and 16 years of Academy experience.
                Police Academy Commander
                Lead Firearms Instructor
                35+ years as a cop
                Becoming a Police Officer
                So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

Comment

Goodluck Man, from what my buddies have told me MSP academy is a lot of hard work, but a ton of fun. Just study hard, and never assume you know everything.

Comment

NO MATTER WHAT, NEVER QUIT!!!!!

Been Trooping for over 7 years, best gig in LE, IMO..................Good luck!

Comment

Comment

It's Sunday night, and if your probably getting read to head back to the academy. This is the tough part; leaving the family for another long week. Just remember why your doing it.

Oh...and don't get caught speeding back to the academy. When road Troopers to catch a recruit speeding back....you might not get a ticket....but you'll pay
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5489 users online. 296 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X