Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k950
    replied
    I found on more than one occasion that "that guy" ends up being a supervisor!!! as they say sh*t floats up. Not to bash the brass, but the moron who is always talking and kissing butt and does little to nothing when they get on the road usually has an office down the line and some bars and a little power. Just they way it is.

Leave a comment:

• RaucousSilence
    replied
    Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    Monday Sep 15Let's get this cleared up. I had to hear from one of my training officers that there was a negative blog about me on the internet.

It would be interesting to learn which of the academy recruits is "Concerned Citizens". You're a child for doing this crap. Only another recruit would know that I'm interested in Redwood City, because that is the agency I was really interested in and was talking about when the academy was first going. My app with Redwood City hasn't even been looked at yet. So it is someone from class, and this is about as unprofessional as it gets. By the way I'm from Menlo Park, I live in Redwood Shores now. So do please move out of California, because whatever recruit you are, you are proving yourself to be of poor character. It's pretty obvious that background investigators search through everything and will find this, so you're trying to ruin my future. I'll tell you this right now. Even if I don't get along with everyone in class, I will make one of the finest and most liked police officers around because I care about people's civil rights and I don't abuse power.

Psychological testing is part of the hiring process and I'll be going through it just like anyone else. By the way, I was tested at 141 IQ, I know the world around me, have common sense, I have a good moral center and care about those around me. A police force could could easily do much worse then me.

Thanks to those who defending me, that was cool. I think I know who the person in Reno is, don't know who the one in Garland is, but thank you. I would absolutely love to know who did this and what their motivation was.

DM is my father. That is an interesting story from jshapiro, I'd like to hear more about it. My father buys and sells apartment complexes. The only story that I know of about my father is when my Aunt had a guy come to pick her up on a motorcycle in all leather who was in his 20's. My father was being protective of his sister since she was a sophomore in high school. He picked the guy up by his jacket and said "You're not dating my sister", the guy left. My father's business partner and long time friend is a Shapiro, they've made a lot of money together. Come out and say who you are and tell the story instead of simply badmouthing. Even worse of course is calling yourself "Concerned Citizens" and roleplaying such stupidity. This was a cowardly move, if you don't like me for some reason, you see me nearly every day all day, speak to me in person.

JM
    ChooseABetterLif e Reply »
    |Report Abuse
    At the risk of being somewhat offensive:

Leave a comment:

• BlueEclipse
    replied
    At the beginning of our Academy, they gave us a pre-printed form that was basically a blank resignation letter. When "that guy" finally emerged in our class, we all sent him the letter, because you have to pay a very inflated price for mail addressed to you. after about the second or third week of receiving these letters in the mail, our instructors figured out that we were trying to weed him out and let the entire class know that if he got another one, we would be helping him pay for it. Not long after that, he got caught with a cell phone and tobacco products in the dorms (brand new $25M facility) during a routing shakedown of the rooms, earning him enough demerit points to be sent home without a job. In the end, it worked out for everyone. It's a corrections academy, so it would only have been a matter of time before he was caught bringing in drugs or worse for inmates.

Leave a comment:

• John0397
    replied
    man Dansik, I was going to ask you how things were going.... and I see your frustrations man. it'll all work itself out eventually, just look at it as another training aid to help you control your emotions in the face of dumb arses. :P Chin up guy, keep pushing on and excel.

Leave a comment:

• mumjw15
    replied
    We have a couple of "those guys" at the academy too. The best rationalization I could come up with for dealing with them is that the academy is only for a limited time. Don't do anything that might impact your future over what amounts to a temporary situation. You were hired for this job for you judgement and common sense. Put that to good use and let things work out on their own.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    OK all, below is a thread off a form from a local media outlet.

The OP discovers MY guy is going to a police academy, and they start the following thread. MY GUY finds out and responds.

I saved the full HTML version of this conversation so I can have it on hand one day if I ever become any kind of academy instructor.

The thread is no longer available on line. I also changed his name. He honestly did disclose his real name.

This is what you DON’T do on-line

Palo Alto Daily News

Showing posts 1 - 11 of 11 Concerned Citizens
    Palo Alto, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 1, 2008 i was raised to respect members of the police force. However, today I learned from a friend of mine that the Redwood City police force is looking to recruit her son, JM. What are we doing Redwood City? Are we picking from the bottom of the barrel? Perhaps it is time for my husband and I to move out of California. Hiring the challenged is one thing, but has the Force checked this person's background, psychological or otherwise?
    Reality
    San Francisco, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 1, 2008wow, that's kinda hardcore. I don't know who JM is, but that is a pretty low blow posting about him on a website. The hiring process for a police department is long and drawn out. I'm sure if he is a nut job they will figure it out before it is done. Do you know what stage he is in? Maybe he just filled out an application and went on a ride-along.
    Dont Believe the Hype
    Menlo Park, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 1, 2008Yeah...how about calling the PD and actually doing something and talking to someone if you feel this way rather than putting him on Front street. Ouch.
    jshapiro
    Mountain View, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 5, 2008Is he the son of DM in Menlo Park? If he is related and he is anything like his father. He would make a fine, excellent officer harassing or beating a confession out of suspects. Dan once tried to run an elderly neighbor out of her own home!
    No names
    San Mateo, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 5, 2008I don't know the people you are talking about, but being a cop in Redwood City doesn't require much. The vast majority of them are undereducated and their leaders have been able to mismanage without any real accountability.
    Friend of the M’s
    Reno, NV Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 8, 2008That is so harsh of you to say. I have known JM most of my life and for you to throw a comment out there like that is rude. Do you know him? Have you had a conversation with him? He is a very smart and caring person. If he persues this then that is a good thing. He is trying to do what is best for him and his family. Don't judge people before you meet them or know them.
    M
    Garland, TX Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Jul 30, 2008Jack is part of my family and I can tell you that he is an honest and caring individual. Redwood City would be lucky to have him on their force.
    JM
    Pleasant Hill, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Monday Sep 15Let's get this cleared up. I had to hear from one of my training officers that there was a negative blog about me on the internet.

It would be interesting to learn which of the academy recruits is "Concerned Citizens". You're a child for doing this crap. Only another recruit would know that I'm interested in Redwood City, because that is the agency I was really interested in and was talking about when the academy was first going. My app with Redwood City hasn't even been looked at yet. So it is someone from class, and this is about as unprofessional as it gets. By the way I'm from Menlo Park, I live in Redwood Shores now. So do please move out of California, because whatever recruit you are, you are proving yourself to be of poor character. It's pretty obvious that background investigators search through everything and will find this, so you're trying to ruin my future. I'll tell you this right now. Even if I don't get along with everyone in class, I will make one of the finest and most liked police officers around because I care about people's civil rights and I don't abuse power.

Psychological testing is part of the hiring process and I'll be going through it just like anyone else. By the way, I was tested at 141 IQ, I know the world around me, have common sense, I have a good moral center and care about those around me. A police force could could easily do much worse then me.

Thanks to those who defending me, that was cool. I think I know who the person in Reno is, don't know who the one in Garland is, but thank you. I would absolutely love to know who did this and what their motivation was.

DM is my father. That is an interesting story from jshapiro, I'd like to hear more about it. My father buys and sells apartment complexes. The only story that I know of about my father is when my Aunt had a guy come to pick her up on a motorcycle in all leather who was in his 20's. My father was being protective of his sister since she was a sophomore in high school. He picked the guy up by his jacket and said "You're not dating my sister", the guy left. My father's business partner and long time friend is a Shapiro, they've made a lot of money together. Come out and say who you are and tell the story instead of simply badmouthing. Even worse of course is calling yourself "Concerned Citizens" and roleplaying such stupidity. This was a cowardly move, if you don't like me for some reason, you see me nearly every day all day, speak to me in person.

JM
    ChooseABetterLif e Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Now, I would like to mention that JM is ripping on someone assuming they were a member of his academy. However, this was posted A WEEK BEFORE THE ACADEMY STARTED!!!!!!!!!! So it wasn’t us :-)

Monday Sep 15Mr. M, I do not know you, but I definitely know what you are going through. It would probably do you best to leave this matter to rest and simply point out to a BI that you do not control the Net. Whatever this site or others allow unnamed people to post about you should not matter in a comprehensive and professionally done BI. They can sift through the actual and factual and the made-up worlds of cyberspace. Just keep focused on doing your best at the academy and best of luck in "the process".
    JM
    Pleasant Hill, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Tuesday Sep 16Thank you ChooseABetterLife. I came back on here to make a correction. Thankfully this post was not done by a future police officer as the posting date is previous to my police academy starting. What's unfortunate is it's a friend's friend and I know who it is who posted this, the poster is male. Anyway, I'm not letting this bother me, it's just sort of sad. Anyway, thanks for all the kind words everyone (except the non-kind people ;p). Be Well.

Jack
    Lower Than Low
    Fresno, CA Reply »
    |Report Abuse

Wednesday Sep 17Reality wrote:

What his dad and his cronies do to others is lower than low! I am glad someone started this post. If Jack believes in civil rights, he would arrest his dad first!
    Last edited by SCV-Sop; 03-07-2011, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S&WGUY!
    replied
    Originally posted by Redders View Post
    Oh but the guy that drove me nuts? The "what if" guy. 15 minutes before being released on friday for the weekend the "what if" guy HAD TO BRING UP QUESTIONS HE HAD FROM ALLLLLLL THEEEEE DAAAAYYYYYSSSS BEFORE!!!! SHUT UP!!!! I WANT TO GET THE F- OUT OF HERE SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!!!!
    HAHA!!! You had those guys too? We had several who always thought up questions at 1550 when we were just about to be released for the day. Its a good thing we only had yellow barrels in our guns!

To the OP: You're getting good advice. Don't help these guys out, or prop them up. The academy staff knows all, and they will strike when people least expect it. One of these days you're gonna show up and these two trouble makers will be gone from your midst!

Leave a comment:

• dansik
    replied
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Wish there was something we could do to get them on the same page, but I guess you just can't help some people.

It's an agency academy where we've all been hired.

Leave a comment:

• Garbage Man
    replied
    Is this an agency academy where everryone is hired, or is is it a college acadmy where you have non sponser cadets?

Either way I think this guy needs to stop having friends in the academy. If everyone really feeels as you do it is time to freeze them out. No contact no help. Let them feel alone.

Leave a comment:

• ACrowley
    replied
    Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
    The only thing you can do is make sure that you're squared away and doing things the right way, everytime. He's a grown man, who is soon to be trusted with a gun and a department vehicle full of city/county/state gas. If he can't remember his hat, he'll lose his a** sooner rather than later, and be out of a job.
    +1, and to be honest the chances of these people getting hired will be slim to none. Most departments will contact the academy director and sometimes staff to see what they are all about. People know people in Law Enforcement and if you are not taking your academy seriously, departments looking at you wont take you seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    We had demerit cards, forget to bring anything you mentioned and it was a demerit. 5 demerits and you were separated. Our "special" boy showed up on his last day 2 weeks in hung over, late (we were a live in academy forgot to mention that), with no pants belt, wearing tennis shoes (boots required with shine *surprise* I know sarcasm), with out the demerit card you were required to carry in case you earn a demerit. He was separated that day. Apparently its a record still spoken of to new basic's 7 years later, the only guy to get 5 demerits in one day. And no he wasn't retarded, his "daddy" was some high priced attorney that was sending him through self sponsored.

Oh but the guy that drove me nuts? The "what if" guy. 15 minutes before being released on friday for the weekend the "what if" guy HAD TO BRING UP QUESTIONS HE HAD FROM ALLLLLLL THEEEEE DAAAAYYYYYSSSS BEFORE!!!! SHUT UP!!!! I WANT TO GET THE F- OUT OF HERE SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!!!!
    Last edited by Redders; 03-05-2011, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PtlCop
    replied
    The only thing you can do is make sure that you're squared away and doing things the right way, everytime. He's a grown man, who is soon to be trusted with a gun and a department vehicle full of city/county/state gas. If he can't remember his hat, he'll lose his a** sooner rather than later, and be out of a job.

I liked these people at my academy, they diverted attention away from my shenanigans and made me look better by comparison. Not a single one of "those guys" in my academy are still in police work.

Leave a comment:

• BigDog4907
    replied
    This is a great learning opportunity for you, because one you are on with a department, you will find something out......EVERY dept seems to also have "one of those guys."

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Your guy sounds EXACTLY like my guy. Are his initials JM?

Another member here PM’d me about a similar post I left, and what I described mirrors almost EXACTLY what you left, and he asked if my guy was his guy, and I’m wondering if my guy is YOUR guy :-)

Long story short my guy basically did many things like you mention and the instructors had their crosshairs on him. Once they had an opportunity they pounced.

He was the first one removed from the academy, and for conduct unbecoming. So he’s done, he’ll never be a cop in California so long as his record is on file with my academy and so long as they check his previous enrollments.

All others that didn’t graduate washed out, my guy was KICKED out.

1) Always late,
    2) Rolling eyes to class president when being talked too
    3) Had to have a special gun very different from all others
    4) Professed to be USAF para rescue, but only spent 6 months in the USAF.
    5) Had to miss a day of class once to deal with a DUI hearing.
    6) Would actually FAIL report writing tests (and have to take them over). No one else failed, not even those with English problems.
    7) He tried to sue me personally because I was class treasurer and when he was kicked out I didn’t give him his class dues back.
    8) Wore sweatbands to PT. He looked like something out of Flash Dance.

When he was kicked out we were informed just before our PT run. It was an awesome run. There was a positive energy in our cadence, it was like we were all given a huge reprieve.

I very much like the fact he was kicked out first. At least those that didn’t make it to the end in my class made it longer than he did.

Leave a comment:

• USMARINE
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
    Who ordered the code red on Santiago...
    ^^^^This

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5340 users online. 338 members and 5002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X