300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California POST RBC vs. SIBC

I am curious as to if anyone knows the difference between California's SIBC course vs. RBC as it applies to any limitations an SIBC Agency has versus a RBC Agency. I understand RBC adds LD's 13 (ABC), 21 (Patrol Tech.), 22 (T-Stops), 24 (Handling Disputes), 27 (Missing Persons), 28 (Traffic Enf.), 29 (TC's) and 31 (Custody) as well has the 40 hour PT component. I also realize SIBC add's LD's 60 (Surveillance), 61 (Admin), 62 (Case mgmt.) and 63 (Computer crimes). As well as the hours (RBC is 664 vs 591 for SIBC). I know Authority is granted by Statute, but is there any other limitations imposed on SIBC agenices? Thanks!

California state investigative agencies basically operate as independent law enforcement agencies under their respective parent organizations. I.E. DMV Investigations is a branch of the DMV, Department of Insurance Fraud Division is a Division in the DOI's Enforcement Branch. Each agency is specifically tasked with conducting investigations in their specialized areas. For the peace officer positions within these agencies you need a minimum of at least a Specialized Post Certificate (SIBC) or a Regular Basic Course Certificate (RBC) along with whatever educational requirements each requires. The biggest difference in my opinion is that as a holder of a Specialized Certificate you can only work for the State investigative agencies as well as the State DOJ. You could not lateral to a PD, Sheriff's Office, or District Attorney's Office with a Specialized Certificate. Most State agencies including mine (DOI) are putting new hires through the RBC.
    Running is not a plan, running is what you do when a plan fails. -Tremors

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3417 users online. 231 members and 3186 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X