300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropouts during the first two days?

Is it common for people to drop out prior to the academy starting or during the first two days?
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 KJV

yes, either they do not like being what to do or as in the case of the academy that i went to, when the videos were shown of LEO's being shot, they quit.

Comment

I am currently in my 5th week of an auxiliary academy.

27 were supposed to start.
      17 showed up the first day.
      15 showed up the second day.
      3 quit during PT on the second day.
      2 more didn't show up the first day of the second week.

We are still holding steady at 10.
      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

My class started with 44 and we graduated 22. I graduated #11. (weird how the numbers worked out) It was 12 yrs ago, but I recall on day 1, a couple people not coming back after lunch. By Friday, we had lost a couple more. Then it leveled off and after that, people didnt quite, they were let go because of grades, performance, etc.
        People have their own circumstances. Dont let it affect you when people drop.

Comment

The academy class I was in started with 112 people in the morning. By the end of the first day we were down to 83. Some people are just not cut out to be in law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by mihpihsrow View Post
            Is it common for people to drop out prior to the academy starting or during the first two days?
            On day one in my academy, the first person to quit was a former police officer....

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
              On day one in my academy, the first person to quit was a former police officer....
              I guess he remembered why he was "former".

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

On day one when I was in, we lost 2 people out of 23. They didn't come back the next day.

To make things worse, it was a self-sponsor academy. That's about $3,000 down the drain between tuition, uniforms, gear, and fees.

Comment

my academy had maybe 14 out of 150 quit during the first couple days...

we had only 1 in our group of 25, and for the next 6 months anytime something went wrong we'd blame it on 'mitchell' (amongst ourselves, not to the instructors).....no one could even remember meeting him except for the person he dormed w/ the first night

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                    I guess he remembered why he was "former".
                    Dude worked for a large metropolitan PD, he went right back to them when he quit us. I would see him from time to time afterwards, he would back me up on traffic stops and stuff and I would always feel awkward around him, not knowing if I should bring up the fact he quit or anything about the academy. But as fate would have it, he ended up reapplying a few years later and made it through our academy. He is now a Trooper not to far away from where he was once a police officer...go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudolph View Post
                      On day one when I was in, we lost 2 people out of 23. They didn't come back the next day.

To make things worse, it was a self-sponsor academy. That's about $3,000 down the drain between tuition, uniforms, gear, and fees.
                      That's pretty much where I am at right now. There is no way I am dropping out of this auxiliary academy after buying every single thing I need. Uniform, pistol, cuffs, classroom stuff, boots, etc etc etc, the next major investment is going to be a ballistic vest.

The only way I will not finish is if they kick me out, or I fall down dead.
                      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Wow that is really suprising to me. I mean it took me 7 months just to find out if I am in or not all the work that was involved in just getting TO the academy and then to give up on day 1???
                        Darling you have been through boot camp, and in Iraq.
                        Many of these people have never experianced that before and couldn't deal with it.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I just found out that I am an alternate for the upcoming July 1 academy due to budget cuts. They had to cut 10 positions. Since they had already promised 30 people prior to this month I didnt get the date. However I was told I was an alternate and several people were doing all they could to get me in. Recruiter said if someone drops out from now up to the second day of the academy I would get a spot. So I am hoping someone will not be able to cut it so I can take there spot.
                          "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 KJV

Comment

My class started with 56 and by the end of week two we had 47.

Then lost one at the range, one is self defense, one injured in self defense that had to recycle. Graduated 44, and lost 4 in field training, then 1 more terminated at the end of probationary period.
                            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by mihpihsrow View Post
                              Recruiter said if someone drops out from now up to the second day of the academy I would get a spot. So I am hoping someone will not be able to cut it so I can take there spot.
                              I wish our school did this. Someone got told no that might make it, and their spot gets taken by some slackass who quits in the first week.
                              "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 127 members and 2032 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X