300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Highway Patrol-2018 Testing Cycle

Here is the 2018 CHP thread to keep things going in chronological order. Post your timeline, division, ask questions and most off all stay focused and dedicated. Good luck to everyone in the process. Also, check out the other previous forums below.

2017 California Highway Patrol Testing Cycle https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle
    2016 California Highway Patrol Testing Cycle https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle
    2015 California Highway Patrol Testing Cycle https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle
    2014 California Highway Patrol Testing Cycle https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle
    Last edited by Goldbadge85; 12-31-2017, 12:59 PM.

Here's my timeline

INLAND DIVISION

APPLIED: 04/08/2017
    PAT: 07/22/2017
    WRITTEN: 07/23/2017
    RESULTS/ RANK 5: 08/01/2017
    esoph NOTICE: 08/08/2017
    PHS SUBMITTED: 08/24/2017
    BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 10/30/2017
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: 11/14/2017
    CVSA: 12/27/2017
    FINAL INTERVIEW: TBD
    MEDICAL: TBD
    PSYCH WRITTEN: TBD
    PSYCH INTERVIEW: TBD
    Last edited by Goldbadge85; 12-30-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Danny00881
      Danny00881 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Afternoon,

Quick question: Do we have to open our sealed transcripts and scanned them to our esoph account? or wait for the background investigator to open them.

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good afternoon. I opened my sealed transcripts and scanned them to the esoph. Just make sure to bring them with you to your initial interview. What division are you from?

I kinda like your screen name ...

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir

VALLEY DIVISION

APPLIED - 9/30/2016
    PAT - 1/14/2017
    WRITTEN - 1/23/2017
    ASSIGNED BI - 4/20/2017
    BI INTERVIEW - 5/10/2017
    6/17 - 10/17 - BI placed to last in queue in order to account for my active duty service commitment ending in March 2018.
    CVSA 11/6/2017
    FINAL INTERVIEW - 12/13/2017
    PSYCH WRITTEN - 12/13/2017
    MEDICAL - 12/16/2017
    PSYCH INTERVIEW - TBD

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Good luck on your psych. I have my final interview on 01/04/2018

Thanks Goldbadge85! It's been a long road for most of us, and it's always nice to see others who are getting close to the end. Also, on the day of my final interview, they also administered the psych written. I'm not sure if that's how they do it state-wide, but hopefully you get to knock both of those out at once.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I strongly agree. The road is extremely long but at least we’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m hoping to knock out the psych written as soon as possible to get things rolling. Thank you for your service and let’s hope for the best in 2018.

• Chef_Man
      Chef_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I nearly forgot to mention, when you complete the final interview and take the psych (if they occur the same day) your BI will give you a packet of info to help you schedule your medical. Immediately after the interview, I called the Dr's office closest to my location and was able to get in for the physical pretty quickly. I'm not sure if that will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my second time around so I’ll probably go back to the same doctor unless the wait is too long. Fingers crossed that everything goes accordingly this time.

Glad to see the excitement for those coming to the academy in Jan. CTC II-17 graduates this coming Friday and we, III-17, are excited for the arrival of our juniors. Keep running and working out. Stay focused on learning your knowledge (use the quizlet app. All the info is already there). Congrats to those with invites and keep pushing, your time will come for those still waiting. Feel free to ask us questions when you get here. There will be things we can’t tell you but pretty much anything else we will all be more than happy to help!

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      1-Study your knowledge and brevity codes (your knowledge book). It’s alot of memorization but the more you have locked in the better.
      2- use your time wisely. You will have brass and boots to shine each night, studying, reports to write, skills to practice etc. your nights will be late if you don’t manage wisely.
      3- have a strong support system to talk to when you need to but don’t drag the academy stress home with you when you go home for liberty.
      Last edited by Jmora_norcal; 01-03-2018, 12:14 AM.

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      How’s the EVOC?

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      We haven’t done high speed or any agency sepecific driving yet but the POST stuff was a ton of fun. It’s just like anything else you will get more out of it when you put the time and effort in. You can’t be scared of any one component but you also can’t focus on only one skill set. It may not seem like it at first but everything builds on each other so if you forget one building block, you will be in a bad spot later.

If you’re going to the January class, feel free to start a list.

Comment

For CTC 1-18, the most important thing to know before you start are your 10/11 codes, departmental goals, CHPPRIDE, and everything else in the Cadet Info book AKA knowledge book. It will make your first few weeks easier. Another important thing for when you are here is to ALWAYS LISTEN.

Realize you will make mistakes. Accept it. And own up to those mistakes. You don't want to get fired over trying to cover up or lie no matter how small you think it is. Remember you're owed nothing.

Come with a good attitude and ready to learn. Remember how far you've come and how bad you've wanted this.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a lot for the info!

Is there anybody here from Central Division that will be testing next week?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck on your test!

Well the holidays are over so I’m hoping things start picking up. Been awhile since I’ve posted; Anyone else here from central division waiting on their initial interview?

Time line so far;

9/24/17 Written
      10/12/17 Test Result Rank 4
      11/21/17 PHS turned in

Comment

• ChpReq
        ChpReq commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my PAT on the 23rd of September and my written the following day. Yeah hanging in there patience is key as those before me have said . Hopefully the 2018 forum picks up so we have more people sharing their process.

• JaySS
        JaySS commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m right there with you from central division
        All we can do is patiently wait.
        Last edited by JaySS; 01-09-2018, 02:40 AM.

• ChpReq
        ChpReq commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you post your timeline JaySS? I hope we both make it through all the way. Keep us updated; I was wondering if we should start a central division group chat. I could download one of the various group chat apps. I hope more from central start being active on the forums.

Do any of you guys have a CHP officer that's mentoring you through the hiring process?

Comment

• ChpReq
        ChpReq commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m guessing you do?

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        As of right now I do not have a CHP mentor.

• Roscoe968
        Roscoe968 commented
        Editing a comment
        I currently do not. I've heard some of the recruit officer's mention the idea and was curious how applicants were going about it.
        While testing I over heard a recruit officer state that the mentoring officer receives 40 hours of vacation time as incentive.

Thanks everyone for posting their timelines! It's been really helpful and I'm excited about the whole process. My physical for valley division is in May so I got a ways to go.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome aboard and good luck on your process

Some of the recent applicants are still waiting to get their officer.com account approved so once that is done hopefully we’ll have more participants post their timeline.

Comment

Thank you I'm guessing from the timelines this process will take some time. Do the recruiters help you with the paperwork if you have any questions?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
          Goldbadge85 commented
          Editing a comment
          They should be able to answer some of the questions that you may have regarding your paper work.

I posted in the 2017 forum, but here’s my timeline so far. This is for Central Division.

Applied: 11/30/2016
        PAT: 5/20/2017 (Passed)
        Written: 5/21/2017
        Written Results: 6/5/2017 (Passed-Rank 5)
        Notice of PHS: 7/25/2017
        PHS Turned In: 8/20/2017
        Assigned BI: 10/10/17
        BIQ: 2/9/2018
        Initial Interview:TBA
        Fingerprints:TBA
        Reference Letters:TBA
        CVSA:TBA
        Home Interview: TBA
        Final Interview: TBA
        Psych Written: TBA
        Medical exam: TBA
        Psych Oral: TBA

Good Luck and Stay Focused everybody!

Comment

• Goldbadge85
          Goldbadge85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Are you a vet by any chance ?

• TheRocker97
          TheRocker97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! and no, I am not. Why?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13786 users online. 490 members and 13296 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X