300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Question

So I have not been driving very long and was wondering, when passing a bus and they only have yellow lights on, but the arm and stop sign are NOT out, can I still pass?

Originally posted by kyra_hartman View Post
    So I have not been driving very long and was wondering, when passing a bus and they only have yellow lights on, but the arm and stop sign are NOT out, can I still pass?
    I think this is going to vary a little...but for the most part...its viewed just like a yellow traffic light, only that you really should NOT be speeding up to try and beat it. If you see the flashing yellow lights, you should come to a stop.
    The only time its ok to keep going when a school bus in loading or unloading, with lights flashing, is if you are on the other side of a "divided highway" from where the bus is.

Comment

While it is proper to be conscious of traffic laws, particularly school bus laws, if you approached each school bus stop as if a younger sibling of yours were there, then you wouldn't go wrong. To answer the question in your scenario, in most States that would not be a violation, it's just not safe because the bus driver is attempting to load or unload children. Thanks for posting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9253 users online. 331 members and 8922 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X