Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty NYPD Officer Killed in her home

Police: Off-Duty NYPD Cop Shot and Killed on LI

LONG ISLAND (1010 WINS) -- An off-duty New York City Police Officer was shot and killed in Bay Shore, Long Island, Saturday morning.
    28-year-old Sonia Garcia was shot in the chest at her home on Ackerson Blvd., according to police. She lived there with her fiancée, who's also an NYPD cop, but hasn't been identified.
    Police are still investigating the incident. No arrests have been made and no other details were immediately available.

http://www.1010wins.com/Police:-Off-...-on-LI/1022916
    Woman shot dead in her Bay Shore home

(09/29/07) BAY SHORE - Residents in a Bay Shore neighborhood woke up to a crime scene Saturday as police were investigating a woman shot dead in her home.

For several hours, investigators searched for clues inside and outside an Ackerson Boulevard house. Suffolk police say they were called to the home at about 6 a.m., but wouldn't say who made the call. Police say the caller stated that a female resident had been shot. When they arrived, the female resident was found shot to death inside a bedroom.
    Neighbors say the victim was a New York City police officer. Residents say they didn't know the family very well because they moved here less than a year ago. However many say they used to see the victim waiting on the corner at the school bus stop in the mornings with her little girl.
    Police say the children were not at home at the time of the shooting. Some neighbors say the victim's boyfriend was also a police officer.

http://www.news12.com/LI/topstories/article?id=200813
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Rest in peace.

Comment

I would think it was domestic related......

RIP....

Comment

Come on is that necessary? Why assume that of one of our brothers who just lost his wife!?!

RIP Sister
        R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
          Come on is that necessary? Why assume that of one of our brothers who just lost his wife!?!
          If it's not, I would be very shocked.......

How many domestic violence homicides have you investigated....?

Comment

Off duty cop found shot in home
            Eyewitness News
            (New York - WABC, September 29, 2007) -

Police are questioning another NYPD officer in connection with the deadly shooting that left a female officer dead.

It happened in a home in Bayshore, Long Island.
            Eyewitness News reporter N.J. Burkett has details.

Sonia Garcia was shot in the chest. Her body was found in master bedroom after her a man called 911 at six in the morning to report that she had been shot.

"The caller stated that a female resident had been shot," said Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick from Suffolk County police. "When police arrived, the female was dead at the scene."

Investigators tell EWN that the caller was live-in boyfriend, identified by neighbors as 27-year-old Alex Chapparo. He is an instructor in NYPD academy listed as a member of the NYPD boxing team.

Sonia Garcia was also New York City police officer, assigned to the 77th precinct in Brooklyn.

Police say Chapparo denied he was the gunman claiming that he was in another room at the time of the shooting, heard the shots and found Ms Garcia bleeding in the master bedroom.

Detectives will not say whether they have uncovered any evidence to prove or disprove his version of events.

The couple have three young children, none of whom were home at the time of the shooting.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5682328

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post

RIP Sister
              Unfortunately the number one cause of "felonious death" for women is homicide by a significant other. Even lady cops. Hopefully this one is the exception.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

R.I.P. Officer

Comment

Im wondering if they have looked into the possibility that she was cleaning her weapon and she dident check if it was loaded and it discharged. Im sure they would have looked into that already but its a possibility.

Also, both the kids are from a previous marriage so maybe its her ex that shot her.

BTW: I live very close to where this occurred and I saw the activity the morning it happened.

Comment

Officer Questioned After Fiancee Found Dead

NEW YORK -- A police officer was suspended the day after his fiancee, also an officer, was found shot to death in their home.

The New York Police Department said Sunday that Alex Chaparro had been suspended without pay pending the outcome of an investigation by the Suffolk County Police Department into the death of Sonia Garcia at the Long Island home they shared.

"We're assisting in that investigation," NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

Garcia, 28, was found dead in the Bay Shore home early Saturday with a gunshot wound to her chest.

Chaparro, 27, called 911 shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday to report the shooting, Suffolk police said.

"He said he heard a shot and found his wife dead from a single gunshot wound," Suffolk Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said.

Suffolk investigators have ruled out suicide, Fitzpatrick said, and they have questioned Chaparro.

"We're still seeing how well his story and the evidence at the scene match up," Fitzpatrick said.

There was no telephone listing for the couple's home. A union for NYPD officers, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, said it had no comment on the case.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14235219/detail.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                      Im wondering if they have looked into the possibility that she was cleaning her weapon and she dident check if it was loaded and it discharged. Im sure they would have looked into that already but its a possibility.

Also, both the kids are from a previous marriage so maybe its her ex that shot her.

BTW: I live very close to where this occurred and I saw the activity the morning it happened.
                      Evidently the ex lives out of the country.

"Cesario Garcia, also of Brooklyn, said Sonia Garcia and his brother, Jose Garcia, married in their teens. When the relationship ended, Jose moved to the Dominican Republic. Cesario Garcia said Sonia and his brother kept in touch and were amicable. Recently, she, the children and possibly Chaparro went to the country for a vacation, a neighbor in Bay Shore said".

Suicide has been ruled out.

Two options left, accident (I hope) or homicide.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

They want The state police to get involve.

By TOM LIDDY and KIERAN CROWLEY
                        October 7, 2007 -- A lawmaker is pushing to have State Police join a slow-moving investigation into the murder of an NYPD cop on Long Island.

State Sen. Eric Adams, a former cop and onetime head of 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care, suggested the State Police have more resources to assist in the investigation into the shooting of Officer Sonia Garcia, 28.

"When I attended Officer Garcia's wake, members of her family approached me to communicate their desire the guilty party be swiftly brought to justice," Adams said in a letter to Gov. Spitzer.

The Suffolk County Police Department responded it has dedicated all its resources into solving the crime and added, "Additionally, the New York City Police Department is assisting in the investigation. A thorough investigation is active, ongoing and progressing."

Police have interviewed her fiancé, fellow cop Alexis Chaparro, 27, and said they were alone in their Bay Shore home at the time of the shooting.

Additional reporting by Patrick Gallahue
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I dont understand why the troopers are involved with this now unless its some sort of political move.

What do the troopers have that SCPD dosent have? Correct me if im wrong but wouldent SCPD be more adapt at murder investigations then State Police investigators?

Comment

Is their anything new with this case?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3307 users online. 215 members and 3092 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X