Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another NYS Trooper Wounded

http://rnews.com/TopStory_2004.cfm?c..._story_type=18

A state trooper shot and killed a person after being wounded during a police response to a domestic incident in New York's North Country.

Authorities say the female New York State Trooper was responding to a domestic dispute on Route 56 in Potsdam, Saint Lawrence County.

A man involved in the incident confronted the trooper with a shotgun. Police say the man fired a round that struck the trooper in the shoulder. The trooper fired back and killed the man.

The trooper was rushed to a hospital in Burlington, Vermont. No word on her name or condition. Officials have also not released the name of the man shot and killed.
    According to the local news she just returned from maternity leave and was shot seconds after exiting her car

THOUGHTS AND PRAYS GO OUT TO HER, HER NEW BORN BABY AND HER FAMILY

Hey ChrisG,

I hope you don't mind but I copied your link into both the New York thread area and the NYSP thread in the hiring section. I posted info earlier today about this topic in both areas and this information is more current so I thought I would share.

My thoughts are with the wounded Trooper and her family as well. Hopefully she will make a speedy recovery and get home to her family soon.

Comment

looks like they just edited the page

A New York State trooper shot and killed a man who authorities say shot and wounded her as she responded to a domestic dispute in Potsdam.

Acting State Police Superintendent Preston Felton said trooper Amanda Reif, 29, shot and killed the man with a single shot from her service weapon as he ran at other officers who'd responded to the attack.

Reif, a five-year veteran of the state police force, had responded to a domestic dispute on Route 56 in the town of Potsdam around 4:30 Monday afternoon.

State Police Major Richard Smith said that Reif was wounded shortly after exiting her vehicle by Richard McCumber, a man believed to be involved in the domestic dispute. Police say Reif was wounded in the shoulder. The trooper called for backup.

Authorities say McCumber, 45, ran into the house. After other police officers and troopers responded, Felton said that McCumber ran down the driveway at the officers. That's when trooper Reif shot and mortally wounded McCumber.

Reif, who'd just returned from maternity leave and is mother to a seven-month old boy, was transported by medical helicopter to Fletcher Allen Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont. She was listed in serious condition. Major Smith told reporter she is expected to pull through.

Felton says McCumber apparently had a long criminal history.

MORE INFORMATION: New York State Section

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7517 users online. 422 members and 7095 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X