300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana officer

A St. Tammany Parish deputy died and another was injured Saturday morning in a wreck on Highway 40.

Deputies Hilery A Mayo Jr. and Mark Bott were responding to a call at about 8 a.m. when Mayo lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree, officials said.

The 32-year-old Mayo was pronounced dead at the scene. He had been with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He's survived by his wife, mother, sister and brother.

Sheriff Jack Strain said Mayo loved his job and worked to serve the resident of St. Tammany Parish every day.

Funeral arrangements have not yet been released.

Bott was taken to St. Tammany Hospital with serious injuries, officials said. So far, there's no word on his condition.

Mark was a Lt.on our dept till he left 2 months ago to go to St.Tammany Prayers to both families.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Sorry for the loss. I'm sure you probably knew both. They'll be in our prayers. Another law enforcement member raised to Heaven to be a soldier in St. Michael's army.

Comment

DFC. Mayo was an excellent deputy who loved the job. He will be greatly missed by us on the shift that worked with him. "Big Hill" my man, you will definitely be missed. RIP brother, I will surely miss hearing you on the radio....until we meet again.

Comment

My prayers to all that knew and loved Deputy Mayo.
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4783 users online. 261 members and 4522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X