Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy from Lafourche Parish Louisiana shot

Baby killed in police shootout

GALLIANO - An infant and his father were both killed and a sheriff’s deputy wounded during a shoot-out at a FEMA trailer Wednesday, authorities said, during an investigation of a crime that had occurred earlier in the day.

Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Larry Weidel said deputies investigating a report of a battery with a fire extinguisher tried to speak with a man inside the trailer, identified as Albert Dwain Dodge, 39, at 213 W. 136th Street at around 1:10 p.m.

Deputy Ben Dempster was shot in the shoulder as he entered the trailer and returned fire.

Dodge was killed, Weidel said, as was his 7-month old son, Typhoon.
    Details concerning whose bullets killed the child were not immediately available.
    “We don’t know,” Weidel said.

Dempster, who wore a bullet-proof vest, was taken to Lady of the Sea Hospital in Galliano where he was treated for a severe bruise to the upper right chest.
    Neighbors said the trailer has been a hot-spot of trouble and police visits in the otherwise quiet neighborhood.

None claimed to know Dodge or his girlfriend, the mother of the child, whom they said lived with him in the trailer, very well.

Weidel said that when the deputies appeoached the trailer they did not know Dodge's identity. They were following up leads on the earlier incident and saw a car matching the descrption of one involved in the incident in front.
    ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Dayum girl,what they puttin in the water down there??? You guys need to let them know if you wanted to work for a living -you would have gone into construction .Hope the dep is doing ok,(mentally,bruises heal).On the same topic ,how're you doin?
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I'm doing ok Im glad he was wearing his vest because he was shot point blank. I heard it come over the radio I was like oh dayum. We need to learn from these instances and prepare our rookies that it can and will happen because so far it has and continues to do so.
      ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Originally posted by pyxie View Post
        I'm doing ok Im glad he was wearing his vest because he was shot point blank. I heard it come over the radio I was like oh dayum. We need to learn from these instances and prepare our rookies that it can and will happen because so far it has and continues to do so.
        I'm glad to hear you are all doing fine!
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Trailer parks are some of the most unsafe places for officers to answer calls. Glad he's doing good and glad you are too Pyxie
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5631 users online. 319 members and 5312 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X