300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper in Moscow ID

Sniper ambushes officers, one is fataly wounded. A civilian is also shot and another killed. Sniper then shoots himself inside the church.

My heart goes out, Stay safe out there, and God bless!!!!

http://www.krem.com/news/local/stories/krem2_052007_timeline.89bee27b.html

Condolences to the friends and family.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
      Condolences to the friends and family.
      this just after two TX deputies were gunned down by a gun wielding nutjob.notice the trend? more and more citizens are amring themsleves and taking it out on police officers and lower level reps of the gov't-many with little or no major criminal histories,but with unresolved "beefs" against the "system".and people keep yelling that we need MORE citizens ARMED in the streets-don't "we" as officers have enough to deal with ?......
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
        this just after two TX deputies were gunned down by a gun wielding nutjob.notice the trend? more and more citizens are amring themsleves and taking it out on police officers and lower level reps of the gov't-many with little or no major criminal histories,but with unresolved "beefs" against the "system".and people keep yelling that we need MORE citizens ARMED in the streets-don't "we" as officers have enough to deal with ?......
        DOA- If you can show some statistics that back up your statement that more people w/o criminal histories are arming themselves and killing LEOs now then 10, 20, 30 or more years ago, please post them. There has always been a small, sick segment of the population (without criminal histories) that's posed a threat to law enforcement, but I have yet to see a single study that proves the percentage has increased. The claim (without facts to back it up) is simply unsupportable. In Texas and Florida, similar hysterics were played up by anti-firearms rights people in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent citizens from being able to obtain CCW permits. When those states and others that followed liberalized the CCW process, violent crime decreased, CCW holders didn't cause the streets to run red with blood and the sky didn't fall.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Puli- for the record-I'm neither pro,nor Anti "CCW"-its the will of the "people" if they vote.And I know of lots of officers who work states where people carry-but I also know officers who will tell you that they will draw down on someone ,CCW or not in a heartbeat.I have a problem with a failing Gov't that can't sustain its people with DECENT public health( including mental health) under the excuse that "its a individual choice",yet we can SPEND Billions to give "Freedom" to every 3rd world crap hole.People are seriously in trouble-and instead of getting social services to interdict(which in L.A. are virtually non existent on the street level) we get "lazy" and send in the people in blue suits all the time;when they aren't available local media scares common folks into thinking they need to strap on a hog leg,"wild west style" just to go to the grocery store.

No one should live in fear,nor should they live in a modern society that allows the "ill" to roam freely and uncared for.Where I work,we take in mentally ill and often "dangerous" people all the time-where are the Doctors and Hospitals and treatment centers to monitor them,if this isn't considered a "Crime"? The man who shot (2) Capitol Police officers was mentally ill. I'm sure that Cho kid at VT was mentally ill. And now another man who went to work and tried to enforce the sfety of his community in Idaho was cut down by another mentally ill person.

Recently 2 deputies were gunned down and murdered in TX by an "angry individual", now an "angry man" in Idaho- the copper and the civies he killed never had a chance,Neither did the kids at VT-why? No guns for civies?B.S. No MENTAL HEALTH programs worth a DAMN.I'd give up my gun,Take YOURS and everybody else in this land of 300 million +,just to have those (3) lives back or the hundreds of our brothers in blue and the thousands of citizens BACK--guns or not,the "real" system for dealing with this issue is failing ,and getting cops and ctzns killed..............
          Last edited by DOAcop38; 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM.
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

DOA- Although I obviously would strongly disagree with your suggestion that taking away my guns and everyone else's guns would cure the nation's problem with the mentally ill, I do agree with you that their problems are not being addressed. The sad state of affairs is due to two opposing sides taking diametrically differing views on how to handle the problem. Both views seem to ignore public safety. Liberals don't want to spend money to incarcerate ("warehouse") mentally ill persons, force them to medicate against their will or hold them accountable if they do commit criminal acts and understand the wrongfulness of the act. Conservatives feel they're being taxed to death for social programs with limited effectiveness. What's the answer? Obviously more in patient facilities, but neither group supports them. I'm not sure how to overcome this obstacle, but I do know that it's neither a new problem (it's been this way since the 60's) nor one that violating the (2nd Amendment) rights of the general, law abiding population is going to solve.

By the way, after posting the above I just read this from the Officer.com home page. If you haven't already read the entire article, I think it proves my point:

MOSCOW, Idaho --

As the bullet-pocked Latah County Courthouse reopened Tuesday following a shooting rampage that left four people dead, authorities defended their response to the shooter's cryptic warning that he wanted to kill lots of people.

Jason Hamilton had recently told a mental health professional he would take a large number of people with him if he were to commit suicide. This weekend, he killed his wife, a deputy and a church sexton before taking his own life.
            Last edited by pulicords; 05-24-2007, 03:47 AM. Reason: additional info, see above
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Yesterday was a memorial service for Officer Lee Newbill. I would like to thank all the officers from around the country and Canada who attended. There was an estimated 6000-8000 people in attendance. The city of Moscow shut down for the event with an estimated 200-300 police cars from agencies around the West driving through town prior to the service. Citizens were lined up on the streets waving flags, saluting, crying, and carry signs of support. It made me proud of my profession and was very touching.
              there's always some idiot trying to ice skate up hill

Comment

I was one of the vehicles in the procession going through Moscow and I have to say there were some times that I definitly was choked up seeing the support from people of all walks of life lining the sidewalks. Even as we left the Kibbie dome there was a line of military veterans lining the sidewalk standing at attention holding flags. Words can't explain the feeling.
                He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

RIP ... it sounds like the procession was one fitting the hero that the officer was.
                  The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5997 users online. 346 members and 5651 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X